Do you believe mediocrity is upheld by social media?

• Without a doubt....Be careful

Social media forces you to cater to your audience. Teens are brought up under this 'majority rule approval,' which is not necessarily positive. The natural human instinct of 'fitting in' is now on mass display. Yes, it may bring out the best- but are you living your life simply to post about online and thus, earn social approval- or -are you actually leading your life in a way that legitimately makes YOU happy.....

• "I don't care if it makes me happy; as long as I get the approval of my mediocre friends"

• Brings 'fitting in' to all aspects of life...

• Mediocrity is upheld by social media.

I think that mediocrity is definitely something that is upheld by social media. Social media sites like Facebook and Youtube encourage a lot of people to believe that they're special just because they can take pictures of themselves or upload videos on a site. There isn't much of a creative aspect of it.

• It brings out the best.

No, I do not believe that mediocrity is upheld by social media, because social media also brings out the best in people. Social media also makes us better typers, and better story tellers. Social media gives people a chance to show kindness to each other, and to encourage even strangers through hardship.

• it is not

no, i do not think that the media has a single thing to do with this. I think that they are just trying to get people to go on to their things, and that they do not do a thing to try to get people to do all of this.

• getting tired of all the labels

Why must we label everyone and everything? People have different outlooks on life. What one person sees as great, another person only sees as mediocre. Some people think Wall Street workers are great, others see them as scum. Some people see dog trainers as mediocre, others see them as a great benefit to society. It is all perception, and all social media does is show what people want to show.

• I Don't Think So

I do not believe mediocrity is upheld by social media. If anything, social media encourages people to go above and beyond a mediocre standard. People often try to post the better parts of their lives on social media, not the mundane. Some people have been criticized for posting things to Facebook to make their life look more than mediocre.