Do you believe Menachem Mendel Schneerson was good (yes) or bad (no) for the spread of Judaism worldwide?

• Yes there should be

The poor man has been dead forever it seems now. The jewish people need a new leader so that they can be governed like all the other religions have now. He was a good leader they need to find one that is just as comparable to how he was at the time.

• I believe Menachem Mendel Schneerson was good for the spread of Judaism worldwide.

I believe Menachem Mendel Schneerson was good for the spread of Judaism worldwide. Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson became the leader of the Lubavitch Movement until his death in 1994. This movement founded a world wide network of institutions to spread traditional religious practices among the Jewish people. These institutions include schools, kindergartens, synagogues and Chabad houses. He successfully built a network of more than 3,600 institutions in over 70 countries and 1000 cities around the world.

• Opened New Synagogues

Menachem Mendel Schneerson opened thousands of new synagogues and worship centers around the world during this lifetime. He most definitely was good for the spread of Judaism throughout the world and his legacy will live on for generations. Some feel as if he was the true Messiah, but Schneerson downplayed that legendary role before his death.

• Menachem Mendel Schneerson was good for Judaism.

I thought that Menachem Mendel Schneerson was good for the spread of Judaism worldwide. While a lot of his beliefs and principles were controversial, I think that he was more beneficial for the religion of Judaism than negative. I also think that a lot of the criticism directed at him were due to political reasons.

• He was a celebrity.

Yes, I believe that Menachem Mendel Schneerson was good for the spread of Judaism worldwide, because he was a well known person that was charismatic. He was similar to Pope John Paul II for the Catholics. People really identified with him, and he made Judaism modern and easy to understand.