Do you believe Menachem Mendel Schneerson was the Jewish Messiah?

• Given the lack of miracles

Messianic figures are typically less political and more supernatural than anything else - but yet contemporary messianic figures like Schneerson are quite politically savvy and do not hesitate to engage. While necessarily various parts of the Talmud require acts that are political in nature the overall result is tantamount to being miraculous. While Schneerson certainly did quite a bit in his lifetime there is nothing to really qualify him as messianic, and he even denied the idea himself.

• No I Don't

I do not believe Menachem Mendel Schneerson was the Jewish Messiah. Judaism has never formally accepted anyone as their Messiah, therefore I don't believe that person/entity has shown up yet. I don't think you can consider people their Messiah unless they globally accept them. It's not my religion, it belongs to the Jewish people and that designation is up to them.

• He was a Rabbai.

No, I do not believe that Menachem Mendel Schneerson was the Jewish Messiah, because Jesus Christ was the Jewish Messiah long ago. The Jews are looking for a Messiah that has already come. The salvation story is complete. Schneerson did not even claim to be the Messiah. Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and there is only one Messiah.

• A small sect

He ultimately founded a small sect where people began to believe that he was the messiah. When Schneerson died, people refused to believe that he was dead, and, instead, insisted that he was still alive somewhere waiting. Ultimately, as far as sects go, his is a tolerant and friendly group, so it bothers nobody.

• Not at all

No, I think that all religion is is a thing to take the things in life that you can not explain and make it in the hands of the super natural. I think that there was never a messiah and that it was all just made up in an act of faith.