Do you believe methylphenidate will be abused less, if fewer prescriptions are given for children who have ADHD?

• Yes, it absolutely would.

Methylphenidate will be abused much less if it prescribed less often, simply because there would be much less of it in circulation. As soon as you take a substance out of circulation, the demand goes up, it gets bought more quickly and hoarded, and it soon disappears from circulation entirely.

• Makes Sense To Me

Anytime you restrict access to what people can get their hands on, it will decrease their use. Doctors need to start diagnosing better, and parents might be able to help by teaching their kids at a younger age. Most kids struggle with focus at a young age, that does not mean they all have ADHD.

• Get rid of supply

Yes, I think that if fewer prescriptions are given out to kids, who usually do not have anything wrong with them anyway, then they will have less people abusing them. People have easy access to these pills, because they are given to so many kids each year in the US.

• Children need to play.

Yes, I believe that methylphenidate will be abused less, if fewer prescriptions are given for children who have ADHD, because ADHD is only popular in some countries but not in others. Children need to spend more time playing outside and playing sports, than inside playing video games. Children who don't really need the drug are more subject to abuse.

• Who Cares If It Is Abused

As the parent of a child with ADHD that utilizes methyliphenidate I have a love hate relationship with the drug personally. I do not believe prescriptions to children should be limited just to stop adults from using (or abusing) the drug. Quite frankly, I believe this is a policy that is more harmful to children, which seems moronic when you consider the people you're trying to help. People who abuse drugs will do so rather they are legal or not. I think our government should stop enacting laws that are simply created to stop people from harming themselves. Methyliphenidate is dangerous, if people really want to take it all the time, let them.