Do you believe Mikhail Gorbachev was the best Russian/Soviet leader of all-time?

• He saved the world

Nuclear war means end of world. Without Gorbachev there would be destruction hundreds of times greater than chernobyl was. Russians hate him because they think he surrendered to America. Americans love him for the same reason. Neither of these reasons can be called fair. Gorbachev endes the cold war and possibly saved the planet.

• Tofu bunny tofu

K k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k kk k kk k k k k you scared?

• Brilliant Leader - so Yes!!!

He saved the union from economic collapse;not to mention the world from a nuclear holocaust, Although Yeltsin managed to break this westernization. He was the best thing which happened to Russia - without him the world would be so much worse off today! He brought Russia from collapse to a superpower again.

• Yes he was

Gorbachev was a leader who unlike his stubborn predecessors, conceded to the inability of the communist system in terms of growth and attempted to reform the economy. While one could argue that he single handedly destroyed a glorious republic, it was in both Russia's and the ex-republics' best interests that a better suited form of government was placed, allowing progress to ensue and reducing seclusion.

• Yes he is

He was simply just awesomme why do you need any more of an explanation. He save russia for an all out war and possible even the world, additionally even thgouh he may not have the smartest, but without a doubt, he made a postive impact, not to mention he won a nobel peace prize.

• A good leader

Whether I know enough about his era or not, II still think he was a very good leader. I've seen people slander him for breaking up the USSR, and then praising the likes of Stalin,. Whether Gorbachev was as strong as Stalin, he didn't do anything near enough as bad as what Stalin did, because killing possibly 20 million people makes someone a great leader now, I forgot. Anyway, he appeared to be doing the best for his country, and brought the end of prosperity and helped Russia become back on track.

• Yes, I do.

I do believe that Mikhail Gorbachev was the best Russian/Soviet leader ever. I mostly hold this belief because Russia has had it's share of bad leaders. Stalin is a good example, as he starved many of his own people to death. He was also better than Putin, who is extremely homophobic and causes undue suffering to the LGBT community in his country. Gorbachev was also open to Westernizing Russia, which led them to being a better country for a short amount of time.

• Thus Far, Yes

Having listened to more than one of Putin's speeches I do not hold any ill will towards him as a Russian leader, although it is obvious that Russia has not been quite as well off with him in power. Overall, I would say that Mikhail Gorbachev is probably the best Russian/Soviet leader to date and it is certain that he made massive improvements to the country over time. I certainly agree with his current opinons about America's economic struggles and the fact that our economic system needs to be replaced.

• He did the best

Gorbachev did by far the best thing that any leader could have done in the Soviet Union - he allowed things to become more open and allowed for a greater westernization of the country. His actions, though not directly, led to the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the best thing for Russia.

• A great leader

Yes, I do think he was the greatest leader that has ever had control of Russia. He was a really good leader, and tried to do what was best for his country, and bring them to an era of prosperity, and make them one of the most powerful nations ever.

• No, I do not.

There is no one Russian/Soviet leader who stands out above the rest. And whether Mikhail Gorbachev was the best is a matter of morality as well. Do you like the kinder leaders, or the leaders who were more like dictators? With Russia's long history it's nearly impossible to pick the best leader.