Do you believe MTV and music videos are appropriate for those under 13 years of age?

• Do they even show videos on MTV anymore?

When I was in middle and high school in the 80's. MTV was almost entirely music videos with brief interruptions about music news. Then they started down the road to adding other programming to the scheduled including things like The Real World and Road Rules. Eventually they had so much non-video related programming that they started MTV 2 but even that has little if any videos anymore. About the only time you actually see videos on MTV is during the video awards. But all this is off the main topic.
    It is a natural fact of life that children rebel. It is their way of forming a life of their own. Unfortunately, the media has provided way to rebel causing it to happen at a faster and sooner than it would happen naturally. Because children are bombarded with images and actions they are not adult enough to understand, they react by imitating thing they see. The result has been a great increase in juvenile criminal activity as well as teenage pregnancy. The irony here is that they are not forming a life of their own just imitating the life of others.
    I think that not only should television be censored, so should all media including the internet. No child should be subject to influence before they are able to understand the consequences. Though the child may think they are able, the parent would should be more able to determine what should be acceptable for their child. Unfortunately, many parents are product of the existing media and lack the ability to understand that by not censoring their child's viewing choices they are neglecting the child's upbringing and are directly contributing to the delinquency of their children.

• Not Connected Any More

For anyone that was familiar with the old MTV I'm sure you remember all of your videos quite well. However, MTV stopped playing those videos a long time ago. I'm not sure why because it seems they just display a lot of junk nowadays. However, videos are easily accessible on-line and that is where they are more likely to be accessed. With any media some of it is appropriate for those under 13 years of age and some of it is not. The responsibility to make those decisions should be left up to the parents.

• My reasons for this.

I think this because kids should be able to watch comedy shows like ridiculousness, and the 13 year olds should be able to watch the show teen wolf, and other shows like that, in addition, i think that kids/teens should be able to watch mtv, that is what i think.

• My reasons for this.

• No, MTV is not appropriate for kids under 13.

To much informations for kids at the age 13 because it will effect there life when they get older. They might do the same thing that they see on MTV and do it in real life. So the best they is to keep your kids for watching MTV and music videos

• Not designed for children

• Not designed for children

• No, many music videos showcase ideas and sitations that those under 13 should not be exposed to.

No, music videos show unrealistic expectations of life and views of how women should be and how men should be. 13 year olds are highly influenced by what they see and seeing the wrong thing could cause them more harm in their life than necessary. MTV has become more of a place for young adults than for teenagers.

I do not think that the material and videos that is shown on MTV is appropriate for children under the age of 13 to watch. I think that the rating system has been a little more liberal in terms of material. That is why it is important for parents to monitor what their kids watch.

• No, Under 13 is inappropriate

No, because this would show kids violent stuff such as killing or sometimes it
    could show nasty stuff in music videos or in MTV. I also believe that this wouldn't
    be mature for kids under 13.I haven't learned anything new that my parents might think I
    am too young to know on MTV.

• Not designed for children

First of all, it should be clarified that MTV does not really play music videos anymore, and if they did, the most popular acts with teenagers these days are certainly not appropriate for children. The other programs on MTV celebrate the most negative aspects of modern youth culture, not only reflecting it but reflecting back and causing more problems.