Do you believe Napster was unfairly singled out by the music industry during its massive copyright infringement lawsuit?

• Yes, it was.

I do think that Napster was unfairly singled out by the music industry. It wasn't just because of copyright infringement, but because it was the first of its kind to even attempt such a thing. When you are the original, you either get celebrated the most or you take the most heat.

• It was the biggest one

I do not think that Napster was unfairly singled out by the music industry because it was definitely the most popular and largest way for people to get their music illegally. It had the most traffic from online users and it was the most common way people stole music online.

• No It Wasn't

I do not believe Napster was unfairly singled out by the music industry during its massive copyright infringement lawsuit. While everyone really like the idea of Napster and many people used it, it did not make the actions of that website legal. The service helped people steal copyrighted material without paying for it and they deserved to be shut down.

• No, I don't believe Napster was unfairly singled out by the music industry in it's lawsuit.

I believe Napster was singled out because it was the most well known and most widely used service at the time, the music industry had to take a stand and they knew they would get the most amount of publicity and awareness if they singled out Napster so I think it was a strategic move on the part of the music industry.

• Napster Was the Largest Site

I don't think Napster was unfairly singled out because it was such a huge site that cost the music industry millions of dollars in revenue. Yes, the lawsuit made Napster an example for the rest of the world and for other services that would knowingly share music illegally. However, because of Napster's size and popularity something had to be done.