Do you believe NHS funds should be controlled by GPs?

• funds controlled by gps

I personally agree, I personally think that The NHS is desparately in need of of reform to make it more efficient and less wasteful, however, GP's tend to be Jack's of all trades and masters of none. The majority of GP's that I have met would be incapable of managing these funds due to either lack of competence or lack of the will to take on this additional task because they are either too lazy or too busy. I don't expect to see any improvement in the NHS through implementing this badly thought through scheme.

• Yes, they should be.

NHS funds should be controlled by GPs, because studies have shown that if GPs do have control over the money it is typically allocated better and used more wisely. So yeah, I think the smartest thing to do is have the NHS funds be controlled exclusively by the GPs for good.

• NHS Funds GPS

I personally think that The NHS is desparately in need of of reform to make it more efficient and less wasteful, however, GP's tend to be Jack's of all trades and masters of none. The majority of GP's that I have met would be incapable of managing these funds due to either lack of competence or lack of the will to take on this additional task because they are either too lazy or too busy. I don't expect to see any improvement in the NHS through implementing this badly thought through scheme.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe NHS funds should be controlled by GP's, if we are referring to general practioners. I believe it is important for the funds of the National Health Service to be under some soft of government control. When handling that much money I don't believe private businesses can be trusted to handle it properly.

• No: NHS Should Not Be Controlled By GP's

The wisdom of modern medicine is increasingly coming into question. Antibiotic resistant infections, epidemics of obesity, rise in mental health issues, and deaths by preventable diseases all suggest that the problem lies with the structuring of society and its overall sick manifestation. The solution is not to have general practitioners control NHS funds, but to get people thinking differently about their health.