Do you believe online and mobile communications by children should be monitored by their parents?

• Yes they should

I'm not a parent , i'm a teeneger knowing that parent assistance is needed. Alot of kids don't know that they may be in danger when : buying online , sharing personal info , playing games or even chatting . It is a fact that they should have a little privatsy , but parent should check on them time to times ,

• Yes They Should

I believe online and mobile communications by children should be monitored by their parents. I believe children have a lot to learn about these practices and it should be done with their parents guidance. I believe the best way to do this is monitor things and discuss it if a problem crops up.

• mobile communications chidren

A child should never know more than a parent does about the Internet. At the very least, you should know about the same. If you are looking to block adult websites or websites that have offensive language, it will not do you any good if your teenager knows ways to get around the parental controls that you set. That is why it is important that you know how to use a computer and the Internet or learn if you don’t know.

• Yes, monitoring a child's communications online and on the phone is a good thing.

Yes, monitoring a child's communication is important. Predators and bullies are becoming more and more common. Knowing that the child is a target allows parents to take action before something awful happens. Too many young people have killed themselves because they could not handle the incessant torment from online messages and phone texts. If parents had been aware of what was happening, perhaps the deaths could have been prevented.

• Children need some level of privacy

I think it is perfectly reasonable for parents to be able to put up blocks and restrictions to automatically filter some internet traffic. However, outright monitoring can interfere with a child's ability to express private thoughts. I would liken it to a parent snooping through a child's journal. Oversight and some tracking like the website history are okay but going through comments and other things similar in nature would cross the line.

• Not at all

No, I think that when a parent monitors what a kid is doing online or over a cell phone then it pushes the kid to go and do things that they should not, such as talk to people that they normally would not, and talk bad to people then delete it.