Do you believe parents should have the option to pierce their babies ears (yes) or should it be banned (no)?

• Parents should have the option to pierce their babies ears.

Parents should have the option to pierce their babies ears. We should not be limiting the parents options on how they want to raise their children. I think that it should be up to the parents to do this because when the teenager gets old enough then it is usually up to the parents anyway.

• Ear piercing should be at the discretion of the parents.

Piercing a baby's ears is a parenting decision and should be made by the parents and not the government. By controlling this decision, the government would be setting a precedent, and other decisions like circumcising may also be regulated. In some cases ear piercing may be a cultural activity, and parents should be able to practice these beliefs without government interference.

• A Personal Decision

I believe parents should maintain the right to pierce their babies ears. This really isn't a matter that everyone should be involved in, in my opinion. I don't care if parents pierce their children's ears, there's nothing inherently wrong with that action. People shouldn't push their beliefs on others and that's all this would do, if it were to be banned.

• There is no need.

I do not believe that parents should have the option to pierce their babies ears, because it could become infected. A parent wouldn't be able to needlessly pierce a part of their child's body for any other reason. A child who is older can consent to getting their ears pierced.

• No, piercing baby ears should be banned.

I believe that parents should not be able to have the option to pierce their babies ears. I think that such things are a bit barbaric. I think that parents should have to wait until their babies are a little older before they can pierce their baby's ears. To me, its a form of child abuse.