Do you believe people seeking sitting services for their children should have the right to perform background checks on the individuals that apply for the job?

• Without a doubt!

My children are the most important thing in the world to me. I would not leave them with just anyone. Finding the appropriate person to watch your children can be difficult when you do not have family or friends available. Although it would be nice to believe everyone is kind hearted and will treat our children well that is simply not the case. You are taking a risk when you leave your children with someone you don't know. A background check could help eliviate some of the doubt when it comes to the people you are hiring.

• Yes, I think parents should be able to perform background checks on sitters

Choosing who to leave your children with is an important decision. I think parents should be able to perform background checks on potential sitters to help protect children from potential harm. If your babysitter has been convicted of a crime, or is a registered sex offender -- you should be able to know that before hiring him or her.

• Yes, people should be allowed to perform background checks on baby sitters.

I think that it is the right of parents and people to be able to check the backgrounds and credential of people that they hire to watch their kids. It is only logical that people make sure the they are leaving their kids with adults who are responsible and law-abiding citizens.

• Yes, background checks for sitters should be a right.

Yes, I believe that people should have the right to perform background checks on individuals the will be watching their children. I think children need all the protection they can get and rights to background checks would give a child one more layer of protection and the parents more piece of mind when they have to leave their child in a sitter's care.

• Yes, of course they should be able to seek services

I would want to know who is working with my child, there is a lot of crazy people out there. I know that not everyone is clean,but I want to know everything they have in their past. If its a red flag I want to see it in the background check.