Do you believe people should fear governments taking over the Internet?

• They're already starting to.

Yes, I believe that people should fear governments taking over the internet, because that is something that the governments are already starting to do. The United States has the PRISM program, in which they are watching everything that we do on the Internet. Other nations, such as China, censor what is on the internet.

• Yes, internet freedom is important.

The government taking over the Internet is a bad thing for society in general. The Internet should be a source of free information that is uncensored and unblocked. The government taking control of it only runs the risk of ridiculous blocks and propaganda that only serve to push the government's agenda.

• This is a rational fear.

I do believe people should fear governments taking over the Internet. We have already seen what government does to the internet when they control it. In many countries, there are sometimes outright bans and there is too much censorship. So yes, people should have a fear of this. It could lead to lack of information and ignorance.

• taking over the internet

I personally agree, I believe When they come for my gun, they will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands,” is a common refrain I often hear from the Neo-Cons when there is a threat, credible or otherwise, that the US government is going to take their firearms.

• Fear of goverment taking over the internet

The goverment could try and take over the goverment but there will always be people that will take it back , people are able to hack into almost any system what makes you think they wont figure out how to get the internet back to the people which is who the internet belongs too.