Do you believe politicians are affected by the Roma community?

• Yes, I think politicans are affected by the Roma community.

The treatment and legal status of the Roma people are always something that is up in the air constantly in Eastern Europe, I think many politicians are indeed effected by what their stance on the Roma people is and much focus is given on what actions they promise to take.

• It is a big thing

Politicians have to be aware of issues going on in so many fronts and areas, and something generating as much attention from the media and public as the Roma community is going to be important for politicians. Their stances may not be entirely fleshed out yet, but they are working on it.

• In the words of Peter Griffin: Oh my god. No one cares.

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't think that politicians particularly care all that much about the Roma "community." I think the number of questions I've seen here on Roma vastly outnumber the total of cares given in the real world. Of course, if it gives politicos a few popularity points, they might pretend to care.

• No, they just want them to move on to some other place.

I do not think politicians are affected by the Roma community. I think they would just prefer to ignore them completely. However, I think as the world becomes more aware of the Roma and their plight, politicians will be forced to make changes in the way the Roma are viewed and treated.

• It Is Doubtful

I have my doubts politicians are affected by the Roma community. Politicians in Europe may have to deal with policies regarding these people, but on a personal basis, I have my doubts their paths cross. I think the Roma community, or at least some members, might look to politicians for help, but it's unclear if they listen for viable answers.