Do you believe prostate cancer can be screened for properly using PSA tests?

• Prostate Cancer Part of Overall Men's Health

A PSA test is one of the most effective ways to screen for prostate cancer, and the test must be done sooner rather than later in order to have an effective treatment. Advanced prostate cancer is deadly and many men don't survive such a thing. A PSA test is important for men over 50 years of age.

• A good way

Yes, I think that this is a good way to find out if you really have prostate cancer or not. I think that it has been shown to work over and over, and is a way that a lot of people in this nation have had their life get saved.

• I think PSA tests can decently screen for Prostate Cancer.

The use of the PSA test is trying to gain momentum. This way there are fewer fingers going up men's butts. Unfortunately for these homophobic men, a finger in the butt is still the best way to check the prostate for cancer. Doing a PSA test may or may not reveal prostate cancer. The same can be said for the butt and finger method. Use of both is how medicine should proceed.

• One Of The Tools

I believe prostate cancer can be screened for properly using PSA tests along with other checks, including a physical prostate exam. I believe it is important to do all of these things to ensure prompt treatment of any problems that may pop up. I don't believe medical science is an exact science all of the time so checking for medical issues in more than one way is ideal.

• screened for properly

I personally agree,Cancer screening tests — including the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test to look for signs of prostate cancer — can be a good idea. Prostate cancer screening can help identify cancer early on, when treatment is most effective. And a normal PSA test, combined with a digital rectal exam, can help reassure you that it's unlikely you have prostate cancer. But getting a PSA test for prostate cancer may not be necessary for some men, especially men 75 and older.