Do you believe racial hiring quotas are still relevant even 50 years after the Civil Rights movement in America?

• Yes and no

It's not clear cut. While certain cases of institutionalized racism do exist, it's still a lot less than 50, 60 years ago. Blacks don't suffer the same kinda hatred that was prevalent in society. And not just blacks, but Hispanics, the immigrant groups from Southern and Western Europe. We've come a long way.

• Yes, in terms of encouraging participation.

While a racial hiring quota in the strictest sense of the term might not be the best way to go, there is certainly still a need for a program that encourages the application, training, and hiring of minority workers. There are still many minority young people who come from school systems that do not encourage success.

• Yes, I do.

I do believe that racial hiring quotas are still relevant even 50 years after the Civil Rights Movement has happened. I think that we still need to have them in place because too many people are still racist, even if they aren't aware of their bias and will always pick the white person over the person of color if they have the same qualifications.

• Some Employers Still Have Issues

Sadly enough I believe it is necessary to have racial hiring quotas even though 50 years have passed since the Civil Rights movement in America. I believe this is necessary because employers would be more likely to hire within their own race if this policy were not in place. Racism is not dead in America.

• No, I feel we shouldn't have quotas for hiring.

While we definitely always need to be mindful of the fact that some people will be biased in making hiring decisions, in general I feel the qualifications a person has should speak for themselves, and that we should not look at race, or gender for that matter, when making a hiring decision. People need to be hired on merit alone. Still, it's possible some quotas are needed, like affirmative action, in order to compensate for biased employers.

• Racial hiring quotas are pointless.

There are so many races in America now, and there is so much diversity, that the racial quote no longer makes sense. Which races? What constitutes a race? What about mixed people? What about Native Americans and Asians who are never talked about? No, it's time for general equality without labels.