Do you believe regional news programs should be funded by commercial television stations using BBC license fees?

• Everyone pays the license fee - everyone should benefit

The BBC's license fee harkens back to a different era and needs to move forward to continue to be socially acceptable. Major national and internaitonal news is likely of interest to every Briton, but local affairs make the news all the more interesting and also provide economic benefits as local events and advertising is more readily incorporated for interested audiences.

• Like it is

No, I think that the way the the television shows are being run right now is a good method, and that they are not having any problems with that. I think that the best thing to do would be to leave it just like it is today and not change it.

• No, regional news programs should not be funded by commercial televisio stations using BBC license fees.

I think that regional news programs should not be funded by any commercial television stations. I think regional news programs might be compromised if there is some bit of bias implemented in such programing, especially if it is news. I just think that regional news programs should be able to operate without limitations.

• They should be completely free.

No, I do not believe that regional news programs should be funded by commercial television stations using BBC license fees, because I do not believe that government license fees are a good idea. A television station that has to pay a license fee to the government will always be a bit nervous of regulation from the government.

• Funds Spread Too Thin

I believe if you try to fund regional news programs via the BBC license fees of commercial television stations, you would find that the collected funds are too small to really do anything with. Regional news programs cost a lot of money to produce and require an entire crew with equipment.