Do you believe scientists (yes) or the media (no) are ultimately responsible for reporting significant findings to the public?

• Yes, scientists are responsible for reporting findings to the public.

I believe that scientists are ultimately responsible for reporting significant findings to the public. I think that it is more important that people get their information from scientists rather than media sources that are more interested in ratings. I also think that the media is compromised by such things such as politics and bias.

• It's their work.

I believe that scientists, rather than the media, are ultimately responsible for reporting significant findings to the public, because the media does not have a responsibility to do anything, other than report on stories that they think will make them a profit. Scientists who are doing the work for us need to tell us what they find.

• It's The Scientists

I believe scientists are ultimately responsible for reporting significant finding to the public. Scientists can do this through papers and publications and I think that is the best way to obtain the information, but they can also offer the information through media. I do not believe people in the media are always capable of reporting these facts correctly, they shouldn't try to do it on their own.

• Scientists need to do a better job communicating

If there is one thing that has become abundantly clear, it is that the media is not interested in serious scientific reporting. They should be, but they're not. Scientific reporting doesn't get click-throughs like stories about Miley Cyrus do.

Given that this is the reality, scientists need to pick up the slack. The new Cosmos proves that scientists don't need middlemen to reach the public. I realize that many scientists wish that they could just focus on science, but they must communicate with the public or risk seeing science marginalized.