Do you believe sedition should be punishable by death in the United States?

• No it should not

I think that in the United States, since we have a freedom of speech and press that protects the right to say anything that we want, it should not be a death sentence to do an act of sedition. I think you should just serve a time in jail or prison.

• Unless death results.

No, I do not believe that sedition should be punishable by death in the United States, because a person should not be put to death in the United States unless they have killed or raped someone. A person should not be put to death for words alone. That should be left to a barbaric society.

• No, sedition should not be punishable by death in the United States

I do not believe that sedition should be punishable by death in the United States. Individual crimes committed in the name of sedition should be punishable according to those individual crimes, but sedition should not even be an additional charge. Sedition is organization or speech directed against an established order, and under the bill of rights, sedition is a protected act. You are absolutely allowed, without punishment, to meet in groups for any reason you want, and you can anything you want about anyone or thing you want, so long as it is either true or opinion based.

• No, we should not put them to death.

This is something that falls under free speech. Inciting people to rebel is needed sometimes. I don't think this will happen in the United States, as it is one of the best places in the world to live, but if it were to happen, you don't kill the person. An arrest will do.

• Life inprisonment is appropriate

Sedition is not killing someone. Perhaps in an overly simplified way, if you kill someone, you should get killed. Of course there is manslaughter and the difference between premeditated murder, but sedition doesn't deserve the death penalty. Although those that I have heard in the news that commit sedition are sometimes wild people.