Do you believe society would be better off if campaign funds were instead used to fund social programs?

• Yes,society would be much better off if campaign funds were used to fund social programs.

Yes,society would be much better off if campaign funds were used to fund social programs.So much money is used for campaigns it's almost unbelievable.This money could easily be used more efficiently by various charitable organizations.Non-profits are known for their ability to stretch a dollar and many do just that on a daily basis.

• I believe society would be better off if campaign funds were instead used to fund social programs.

I believe society would be better off if campaign funds were instead used to fund social programs. Campaign funds for certain public offices can run into the billion dollar bracket. Presidents who accept funds from private organization are obligated to favor their campaign supporters in decision making once they are elected. The amount of money that is used for winning an election could significantly improve social programs.

• But that's not free speech.

Yes, I believe that society would be better off if campaign funds were instead used to fund social programs, because the money could be used for good, instead of to pay for campaign signs that people are going to throw away in a few months. But people have a right to spend their money as they see fit.

• fund social programs

I personally agree, I believe that Importantly, and in addition to the mitigating the welfare losses for these potentially more vulnerable agents, if we do not find any specific age, income, the wealth or ability group for which the Social Security substantially exacerbates the welfare consequences of the Great Recession.

• Yes it would

Yes, if the millions that are spent each year of just campaigns were saved and given to fund these other programs it would be a whole lot better off for us, and we would see a huge benefit in society from this. I doubt that it will ever happen though.