Do you believe Starbucks's statement that it doesn't provide money to Israel?

• Yes, I do believe that Starbucks does not proved money to Isreal

Starbucks has been very vocal in the past about its position on various political, religious and social issues in the past. These range from controversial stands on same sex marriage and open carry in their stores. They do not shy away from controversy and have proven to take tough positions in the past. Why would they be disingenuous about yet another controversy? They have removed all of their stores from Israel in 2003 and the app "Buycott" that started this rumour is hardly a credible source of information.

• Yes, I do.

This was a rumor started on the internet and we all know how reliable those are, so until I see evidence of the contrary I will believe their statement that they don't fund Israel. I don't see why they would ever do that especially when they know it would be very controversial.

• It doesn't directly

By paying taxes in America, Starbucks is funding Israel, as the USA gives Israel billions of dollars a year. So even if Starbucks doesn't directly support Israel, it still is. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Israel needs United States support. They even have dual citizens in high positions here, leading America in the right direction. Which is to fund them more so they can spread democracy through the middle east.

Posted by: Nawl
  • Thats a tricky one

That's a difficult statement to comment on. I think we all hope that Starbucks statement that it doesn't provide money to Israel is true but there are plenty ho don't believe it I'm sure. Its just one of the situations where you have no choice to believe it because there is nothing you can do about it either way.

• This ones tricky

You never know, maybe they aren't providing money to Israel, a big, open statement like that will make the company highly unpopular if they are found out other-wise. But, a lot of companies do things behind our backs constantly, they just find great ways to sweep it under the rug and try to make sure it's next to impossible for us to find out the truth.