Do you believe states should be responsible for FEMA rather than the federal government?

• The federal should be responsible for Fema

The federal government should be responsible for FEMA so that it is regulated for all the states. If FEMA had regulations that varied from state to state there can be issues. An example of an issue is if a certain regulation of FEMA contradicted with another state. By keeping it regulated by the government, it avoids these issues.

• Yes, I believe state should be in charge of FEMA rather than the federal government.

Yes, I believe state should be in charge of FEMA rather than the federal government for the primary reason is the state has a first hand look at what the damage is and what needs to be done. The federal government has to go through a lot of red tape as well as put up a lot of red tape to make things run inefficiently. States have a better understanding of the region and people it would be directly help. The federal government is to much of an outside figure.

• They would be more efficient.

Yes, I believe states should be responsible for FEMA, rather than the federal government, because the states would be able to do the job more efficiently. Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath was devastating. FEMA could have done such a better job than to leave people in the Super Dome to hurt and suffer. The states would have done better.

• There's no way that states can be responsible for FEMA.

The idea that states can be responsible for FEMA is totally ludicrous.The whole reason that FEMA exists is because states need existence when disasters occur.Assistance can be better distributed if the states join together and offer each other help than to go it alone and never really know how to cope when something happens.

• Too Many FEMA's

I do not believe states should be responsible for FEMA rather than the federal government. I believe FEMA is best handled by the federal government because often when it is used, the area often crosses state lines. Secondly, states have a hard enough time balancing budgets they already have to maintain.