Do you believe states with high percentages of obese people should limit the sale of bulk foods?

• No, I don't think States with a high percentage of obese people should limit the sale of bulk foods.

I don't think limiting the amount of a certain product people can buy is an effective way to cut down obesity, people would likely travel to another State to get it anyway and the State could no longer collect tax revenue on that, I think the better idea is to provide ample education and public awareness of the dangerous of obesity.

• They can't police it.

No, I do not believe that states with high percentages of obese people should limit the sale of bulk foods, because they cannot police behavior. I should not lose my right to buy an entire case of cookies just because the person next to me happens to be fat. Obesity cannot be fixed by government.

• Freedom of choice

As unfortunate an epidemic obesity is in the United States, the way to solve the problem is not for the government to step in and start restricting the sale of food on a statewide level or, indeed, any level. The best thing to do is to fund social programs and assistance.

• Weight is a personal battle

No, I do not think that states with high percentages of obese people should limit the sale of bulk foods. I say this because everyone is not over weight or obese and should not be made to change their purchasing habits. Weight is a personal matter and should be kept as such. Furthermore, even if you take away the selling of bulk foods, if an individual wants and item he or she will just find it elsewhere.

• Obese people have the right to buy food in whatever way they wish.

I think the whole basis of the American way is that people should be able to behave in any way they wish, as long as their actions do not adversely affect other people. Obese people are really hurting no one but themselves, and should be free to buy and eat whatever they wish without government interference.