Do you believe students who graduate should be allowed by their parents to live at home again?

• Parents should open arms to returning children

In another economy, I would deplore parents allowing their college-educated children to return home for a free ride. We are a country built on people who pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and raised our children to do the same. This belief is mitigated by the reality of a today's job market and student loans. No longer is an education a ticket to self-sufficiency. Allowing a son or daughter to return home is no longer the purview of the permissive parent and loser student. It is often the only viable option in an upside down economy.

• Graduation does not lead directly into a career.

Some people are not fortunate enough to secure employment immediately after graduation. There is occasionally some lag time between graduation and employment. Allowing a child to move back might allow them the opportunity to save some money while they work in order to buy a house, rather than rent. This promotes a more responsible life and a more sustainable future. It is always a better idea to pay for your own mortgage than maintain someone elses.

• The worlds a little different now

I'm 31 years old, my wife and i own our home. Of the people i went to school with, I'm one of maybe 3 that can say that. The rest are apartment dwellers with their partner, or several room mates, at best. The rest are splitting expenses with their parents still. I don't know how things will look when my kids are my age, but i fully expect it to take them a couple trys to make it out of the nest.

• No, I do not think college graduates should go back home.

I do not think it is right for college graduates to go back living at home
    with their parents. But that choice should be given to the parents of
    those kids. I just think that the idea of it is a little embarrassing. I
    think more and more people these days tend to rely on their parents
    despite being adults.

I do not think it is right for college graduates to go back living at home with their parents. But that choice should be given to the parents of those kids. I just think that the idea of it is a little embarrassing. I think more and more people these days tend to rely on their parents despite being adults.