Do you believe students who learn English as a second language should be given tests in their native language?

• Knowledge is knowledge

I believe a student should be given a test in whatever is most familiar to them. The core ideas, concepts, and knowledge is in their head regardless of whatever language it is they understand the information is, so they should not be punished by taking a test in a language that is unknown.

• Native Languages are the Best

People who take tests should be able to do so in their native language even if they learn English as a second language. Tests are hard enough as it is. Doing so in a language that is not your native tongue can be even harder. Once the test is complete, they should go back to speaking English as a regular practice.

• No, students should not be given tests in any other language other than English.

I do not believe it is right to give students who speak English as their second language a test that is in their native language. I think that if somebody is to live in the United States of America, it is only right that they take some thing like a test in English.

• I do not believe students who learn English as a second language should be given tests in their native language.

I do not believe students who learn English as a second language should be given tests in their native language. Individuals who learn English as a second language should be tested in English as well, if they are given tests in their native language they will have a more difficult time learning English, and will take longer to assimilate into American society.

• They have to compete here.

No, I do not believe that students who learn English as a second language should be given tests in their native language, because they will not be able to demand to work their jobs in their native languages. It is also not practical for teachers to translate their tests into each language for many students.