Do you believe sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government?

• Yes. They should

Just yes. Sugary drinks is addictive, many people are addicted with sugar these days. Most of the US is obese. And did you know that sugar is more addicting than most drugs. K that's all cya. Like if you agree. Don't mind this bit. I'm just typing this cause I needed more words.

• Yes they should limit sugary drinks.

This is because for one we all know that too much sugar can be a bad thing for you. If the government goes ahead and limits the sugary drinks out there, then we do not have to worry too much about the health of young children, since these are the main people who have sugary drinks. Even if the do not limit the drinks, as long as the parents limit their kids on how many they can drink, this can help children become more healthy and also be more active since they will not be too tired from all of the sugar drinks they had.

• Yes, in a way they should be limited.

Yes, I think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government. Recently, statistics show that two-thirds of adults in America are obese, that is more than sixty-five percent! When you go to a fast food place, they have enormous sizes for drink options which are usually unlimited. That needs to change immediately. They should limit how many times you can refill a soda without extra charge, maybe then people would stop drinking as much. The reason I say in a way they should be limited is because this is America. We have the freedom to drink as much sugary drinks as we please but it should be your choice to make the right or wrong decision. It's your life and health you are putting at risk. Even with the federal government limiting the intake of sugary drinks, people will still find a way to get it. So I think the risks of the drinks needs to be more commercialized and out in the media for people to see. That way they can hopefully make the right decision to better their lives. In America today, the number one killer is coronary heart disease which does develop when a person has become obese. So when people see all the mishaps that come along with drinking all this sugar, they will stop to think if it is really worth it. Also having healthier options at fast food and restaurants, maybe people would feel less inclined to order sodas and sugary drinks along with their unhealthy meals. I personally made the decision to cut down my intake on sugary drinks and lost a couple of pounds. I think once people see the positive of the federal government limiting sugary drinks and personally making the decision of drinking less, they won't pay as much attention to the negative which is drinking less than what they're used to.

• Yes they should

I truly believe that most of people's habits are learned through Society and sort of a hypnotic brainwashing occurs to most people in their lives. And because of this government should regulate the amount of sugar Kama which I consider a poison, should be regulated and not allowed to be completely accessible. People have difficulties in resisting things that they know is not good for them. As in one of the other entries they stated the government regulates what goes into a lot of other items such as medicine and other Foods so why not regulate drinks as well. They are extremely bad for us and if our country could change their diet not just drinks but food as well and eat better hasn't detoxifying Foods then our country would be the healthiest country in the world.

• Yes they should

Sugary drinks in America are at a all time high. Americans are having a harder time saying no to what is bad for them if its there they are going to consume it, eat it or drink it. America is is all about bigger and more but for the next generation to have a chance at healthy living less should be mandatory.

• Do not limit

I think each person should be able to control themselves. If they want to live a healthy life they can and they can choose to drink something healthier with less sugar such as water. They can limit their soda intake as well. I don tthink the government should do that.

• Why not do it

Why shuldntthey, they have nothing but detriments if they dont so why not do it, it can oly lead to benefitsh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• In a way

Our government, more specifically the FDA, limits what kinds of medicine people can take, how much "bacteria" is allowed in food, what kinds of chemicals are allowed in foods and medicines, etc. This branch is put in place for a reason. That reason is to help keep the people safe. Surgery drinks not only lead to obesity but they can lead to heart attacks and tooth decay. This could cause insurance problems and raise our number of hospital trips. Drinks like Monster and Red bull already have a certain limitation on them. All the government would have to do is further regulate this already in place statement.

• Yes, they shoud be limited at some point

I thank the amount of sugar an American consumes is out of control, we should at least limit the intake for children. The caffeine alone in the new energy drinks is out of control. The children of the planet should at least be protected from our mistakes,if they want to be dumb at 18, then they can ruin their bodies.

• yes they should

Yes, i think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government, so that the huge obesity problem here in the US, especially with kids, can be reversed some, and we can begin to be a healthier nation that is less affected by major diseases caused by being fat.

• Do not regulate

I think it is sad that we as Americans look to our government to tell us what we should or should not put in our bodies. If we have become that dependent it is only a matter of time until we lose our personal agency. A way philosophers test ideas is to push them to their ultimate end and see if it is exceptionable. To me the ultimate end is not choosing anything for yourself.

• This is not an issue in any other countries.

I drink milk, water, unsweetened tea and your occasional sweet tea. Why because it's my choice to not consume too many "sugary drinks". If the government limits it, it won't affect me at first. I can see additional additives and other products in the market that will replace this, so why limit anything that can be limited by an individual.

• Lets Force Everyone Because Some Can't Moderate Themselves!

Yes, Sugary drinks cause obesity. You know what else causes obesity? Eating tons of candy, Eating a loaf of bread a day, If i eat 10 boxes of cheez-its a day, I'll be fat in no time. So how is it even a question that any limit should be set? If a person can not moderate his or her self, they will become fat. There is nothing a government regulation can do about it. Forcing smaller packages will not stop people from being fat. Kids might not have sugary drinks in school but they will indulge as soon as they get home or even to a friend's house. Personal responsibility is the only solution. Regulation will not work. It is only a silly wishful solution in which we would just be passing off the blame. There is so many fat people so lets ban their drinks. They will just find something else and still be fat. Lets use our brains and not be dependent on society.

• Sugary Drinks Limited

I personally think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government because of the majority obesity in the world. I personally think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government because it causes cavities for many individuals and affected the sugary drinks in the long run.

• Sugary drinks should be limited by the individual

Sugary drinks should solely be limited by the individual. Just like smoking should be reduced and completely cut off by the individual, so should sugary drinks. We cannot have the government interfering with what we eat or do all the time. I believe people need to practice self-control and resist a lot of food temptations that are around, except for children. The government should try and prevent sugary drinks from being in public schools.

• Do not limit sugary drinks.

I think a better idea would be to have healthier foods more readily available, encourage society to be more active, and teach children about moderation from a young age. If someone wants a big sugary drink, they'll get it. They just need to buy two if government were to ban size.

• Why does the government always have to be involved?

When will people start taking responsibility for themselves? Your diet is your choice and is no ones business but your own. Everyone knows that sugary drinks aren't healthy and should be limited in anyone's diet. Same with ice cream, fried foods, and greasy foods. An unhealthy population isn't the government's fault, it is the choice of its people. My 9 year old brother knows that he is allowed no more than one sugary drink per day. I drink less than one a week and my parents consume even less. This shouldn't be received as me saying "my family is better than yours". What you SHOULD receive from that is the realization that you have the power to make a choice and no one should make it but you.

• Sugary drinks are not the government's problem

Sugary drinks should not be limited by the federal government. First of all, how would they begin to do that? There are much more important matters . However, America as a whole consumes way too much sugar and a lot of it is in the form of sugary drinks. Health education courses could help but at the end of the day it comes down to the individual.

• Do not limit

• They tast good

Oihrbiogebibsivtyby9b97tyb99utg yytgb9y d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d ddd d d d d d d