Do you believe sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government?

• Goodbye Sugary Drinks

I believe that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government. Obesity is at an all time high, but I am not saying that the cause of obesity is sugary drinks, but it definitely has something to do with it. Junk food, sugary drinks, and no exercise make it really hard for your body to function properly. I, personally, only drink sodas on occasion because I know that sodas in large quantities are no good for your body. The federal government should put a limit on sugary drinks in hopes of lowering the obesity level in the United States.

• What they waiting on!

In a way, I feel they shouldn't because they cant tell people how to live their lives on what they want to eat or drink. But on the other hand, I do feel that people are gaining weight slowly and is basically killing their selves from sugar. Even though they already put serving sizes and how much you are supposed to eat, I feel that since they have so much control they should just put the exact correct amount that a person is supposed to have a day or whatever and just call it a day. And if he/she is not happy with the amount that was provided in the can or bottle than that his or her choice to go and get more. That's how I feel.

• What are they waiting on!!

In a way, i feel they shouldn't be telling people how to live their lives. But on the other hand, I do feel that they should because people are slowly gaining weight and basically killing their selves with sugar. Even though they have serving amounts on product and how much we should eat or drink, you can't even trust those sometimes. I feel that the smart thing the government should do is go ahead and put the exact amount in the can one person should have in a day or whatever and then if he/she wants more than that's their choice. That's how i feel

• Why should we limit sugary drinks?

Well, when the sugar inside the soft drinks enters your body, that sugar will turn into fat. Over time people who drink these drinks will slowly become obese. Also, the sugar from the drinks increases your risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. It will also increase your risk of getting heart disease (which 1 in 5 people get). Heart disease is very serious and sometimes people don't survive it. I know it kind of takes away your freedom. You're probably thinking own should make your own choices, but the people who have been given the choice have not chosen wisely.

• Sugary drinks are the least or the governments problem.Let the people decide no the government.

The government can not worry about the peoples deciding if they want sugary drinks that just isn't right to take away peoples right they need to worry about politics and threats to our country not sugary drinks now say no and don't let the government limit our right to drink sugary drinks.

• We're one of the fattest countries in the world.

The rate for diabetes and obesity in the U.S. continues to raise as we just sit around and eat/drink our lives away. We are literally shortening our own lives and we should have someone (the government) regulate some sort of rule for fast food restaurants, gas stations, etc to limit the amount of sugary drinks were in taking and make a cap on the oz per drink.

• Yes. They should

Just yes. Sugary drinks is addictive, many people are addicted with sugar these days. Most of the US is obese. And did you know that sugar is more addicting than most drugs. K that's all cya. Like if you agree. Don't mind this bit. I'm just typing this cause I needed more words.

• Yes they should limit sugary drinks.

This is because for one we all know that too much sugar can be a bad thing for you. If the government goes ahead and limits the sugary drinks out there, then we do not have to worry too much about the health of young children, since these are the main people who have sugary drinks. Even if the do not limit the drinks, as long as the parents limit their kids on how many they can drink, this can help children become more healthy and also be more active since they will not be too tired from all of the sugar drinks they had.

• Yes, in a way they should be limited.

Yes, I think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government. Recently, statistics show that two-thirds of adults in America are obese, that is more than sixty-five percent! When you go to a fast food place, they have enormous sizes for drink options which are usually unlimited. That needs to change immediately. They should limit how many times you can refill a soda without extra charge, maybe then people would stop drinking as much. The reason I say in a way they should be limited is because this is America. We have the freedom to drink as much sugary drinks as we please but it should be your choice to make the right or wrong decision. It's your life and health you are putting at risk. Even with the federal government limiting the intake of sugary drinks, people will still find a way to get it. So I think the risks of the drinks needs to be more commercialized and out in the media for people to see. That way they can hopefully make the right decision to better their lives. In America today, the number one killer is coronary heart disease which does develop when a person has become obese. So when people see all the mishaps that come along with drinking all this sugar, they will stop to think if it is really worth it. Also having healthier options at fast food and restaurants, maybe people would feel less inclined to order sodas and sugary drinks along with their unhealthy meals. I personally made the decision to cut down my intake on sugary drinks and lost a couple of pounds. I think once people see the positive of the federal government limiting sugary drinks and personally making the decision of drinking less, they won't pay as much attention to the negative which is drinking less than what they're used to.

• Yes they should

I truly believe that most of people's habits are learned through Society and sort of a hypnotic brainwashing occurs to most people in their lives. And because of this government should regulate the amount of sugar Kama which I consider a poison, should be regulated and not allowed to be completely accessible. People have difficulties in resisting things that they know is not good for them. As in one of the other entries they stated the government regulates what goes into a lot of other items such as medicine and other Foods so why not regulate drinks as well. They are extremely bad for us and if our country could change their diet not just drinks but food as well and eat better hasn't detoxifying Foods then our country would be the healthiest country in the world.

• Do not regulate

I think it is sad that we as Americans look to our government to tell us what we should or should not put in our bodies. If we have become that dependent it is only a matter of time until we lose our personal agency. A way philosophers test ideas is to push them to their ultimate end and see if it is exceptionable. To me the ultimate end is not choosing anything for yourself.

• This is not an issue in any other countries.

I drink milk, water, unsweetened tea and your occasional sweet tea. Why because it's my choice to not consume too many "sugary drinks". If the government limits it, it won't affect me at first. I can see additional additives and other products in the market that will replace this, so why limit anything that can be limited by an individual.

• Lets Force Everyone Because Some Can't Moderate Themselves!

Yes, Sugary drinks cause obesity. You know what else causes obesity? Eating tons of candy, Eating a loaf of bread a day, If i eat 10 boxes of cheez-its a day, I'll be fat in no time. So how is it even a question that any limit should be set? If a person can not moderate his or her self, they will become fat. There is nothing a government regulation can do about it. Forcing smaller packages will not stop people from being fat. Kids might not have sugary drinks in school but they will indulge as soon as they get home or even to a friend's house. Personal responsibility is the only solution. Regulation will not work. It is only a silly wishful solution in which we would just be passing off the blame. There is so many fat people so lets ban their drinks. They will just find something else and still be fat. Lets use our brains and not be dependent on society.

• Sugary Drinks Limited

I personally think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government because of the majority obesity in the world. I personally think that sugary drinks should be limited by the federal government because it causes cavities for many individuals and affected the sugary drinks in the long run.

• Sugary drinks should be limited by the individual

Sugary drinks should solely be limited by the individual. Just like smoking should be reduced and completely cut off by the individual, so should sugary drinks. We cannot have the government interfering with what we eat or do all the time. I believe people need to practice self-control and resist a lot of food temptations that are around, except for children. The government should try and prevent sugary drinks from being in public schools.

• Do not limit sugary drinks.

I think a better idea would be to have healthier foods more readily available, encourage society to be more active, and teach children about moderation from a young age. If someone wants a big sugary drink, they'll get it. They just need to buy two if government were to ban size.

• Nope, not needed

Yes, sugary drinks are unhealthy and can cause obesity of someone has too much. But how is it even a question that any limit should be set? If a person can not moderate themself, they will have to face the consequences for not controlling their intake of these drinks. There is nothing a government regulation can do about it. Forcing smaller packages will not stop people from finding a way around it. Trying to stop people from drinking or eating too much sugar by taking away sugary drinks will do nothing to improve the situation. There are large drinks that are available in many places like fast food restaurants. When people buy one of these drinks, it is their responsibility to take care of themselves. It is their decision whether or not they want the risk. How would the government apply such a law? Anyone can buy two small bottles of soda to replace one larger bottle! In theory this law could be a good idea, but it is not practical. The government does have a duty to protect and care for the citizens, but it cannot control their choices and spoon-feed them the whole way.
    People should have the responsibility to limit themselves and be able to set a limit for themself.

• Nope, not needed

• Tax is not required

If sugary drinks are a problem because of obesity, people need to be responsible and take action for their weight. Just because people need encouragement to stop drinking sugary drinks doesn't mean it should be taxed. It is true that the government will obtain more money ,but if they tax less people will drink the beverages therefore companies will get less money, making people lose jobs.

• Tax is not required