• Trashy and Tacky

There is so many other ways to express yourself without defacing your body. For those who do allow themselves to get tattoos I believe that they are craving the attention you do get from having tattoos. I have not seen anyone with a tattoo that loves the attention that it creates. I for one would never get a tattoo because they are permanent and you will age. When your skin becomes saggy and baggy the regrets will come, over a decision that was made just for the sake of being notice....

• Trashy and Tacky

• They aren't for you

Tattoos are done for so many reasons, and none of them are to get other people's approval. Tattoos are a way to beautify the body, some people don't want unadorned skin like everyone else. Some people prefer to wear art on their bodies. Some get them just for the design, some get them for deeper meanings. As for class, there have been times throughout history that tattoos were only for the elite. Cultures where you had to earn your tattoos before you could get them. There were also cultures where mainly criminals got them such as the Yakuza in Japan. I wouldn't necessarily call them low class though. Low morals, yes, but not low class. Today, many actors, musicians, doctors, lawyers, etc. Have tattoos. Tattoos, especially today, transcend class. It may not be for you, but turning up your nose at people with tattoos is your own problem.

• They're a form of expression.

Tattoos are increasingly gaining popularity in the US as more people view tattoos as art rather than trash. My father has several tattoos, and I plan on getting a tattoo once I turn 18. For those of you who consider myself as stupid and "low class" for my opinion allow me to explain who I am. I'm currently an honor roll student in high school who will definitely attend college and is considering business school after receiving an undergraduate degree. I plan on getting my tattoo in a place where it can be easily concealed in case any future colleagues are easily offended by it. I see tattoos as art and as a way to express myself in a way words simply cannot.