Do you believe teens are influenced in a negative way by artists such as B.o.B. and Wiz Khalifa?

• Yes but not for reasons you think

I think teens are very impressionable and they can be negatively effected by a lot of different artists. There are some lyrics and things that these two artists discuss which are not good influences on the youth. However both of these artists do have good messages for people as well.

• They glorify drugs and crime.

Oh yes, of course I think that. I'm 42 years old, it's almost mandatory that I think today's popular music is a negative influence on the children. And honestly, I don't like the glorifying of crime and drugs that both of them do. But I'm sure my parents felt the same way about my music, and I'm sure today's kids will feel the same way about what their kids listen to in 20 years. That's life.

• No they are not

No, they are not influence that much in a bad way from these artist. These artists do not do things that are all that bad, they are just trying to get more money and they do things that are making them look more cool so that they can make more.

• Artists relect what people like.

The fact that teens listen to artists shows that they already are aware of, and possibly fans of, what the artist says and does. The teens already have formed an opinion. The artist is just reflecting the teens interest. People decide for themselves what they like and what they are going to do.

• Music Is Entertainment

I do not believe teens are negatively influenced by artists such as B.o.B and Wiz Khalifa. I believe music is a form of entertainment and while teens may identify with music it does not mean that they are negatively influence by it. I might like listening to gangster rap but it doesn't make me want to join a real gang.