Do you believe Texas' voter ID laws should have been challenged by the Justice Department?

• Yes they should.

I certainly do believe that Texas voter ID laws should have been challenged by the Justice Department. I have no idea why the Texas legislature thought this was a good idea, but it strikes me as archaic and draconian and should be challenged immediately for obvious ethical and moral reasons.

• No, I don't think Texas' voter ID laws should have been challenged by the Justice Department.

I believe the Justice Department likely did do a very in depth investigation on Texas' voting laws and determined that they did not have enough of case to be able to win a challenge, I think every State should be free to set their voter ID laws as long as they don't violate the constitution.

• Don't invovled Justice Department

I don't believe the laws need to be challenged. I think the Texas voter ID laws make sense the way they are being used. I would not mind if this happened to me. We must insure votes are not voters that are illegal or questionable so this is how it has to happen.

• Absent evidence of impact, the Justice Department should not challenge Texas voter ID laws.

The claims that voter ID laws present an undue burden on citizens to vote and are not necessary for preservation of voting integrity need evidence of harm. The justice department needs evidence that legal citizens are deprived the ability to vote before it should challenge the laws, rather than presuming in advance that the burden of obtaining an ID is too stringent.

• We can all vote.

No, I do not believe that Texas' voter ID laws should have been challenged by the Justice Department, because nobody is denied the ability to vote because they honestly cannot get an ID. If someone is too poor to get an ID, all they have to do is check a box and Texas will give them one for free.