Do you believe that all Americans are "for" the separation of church and state?

• Yes I dont believe in the seperation of church and state

I just cant believe that the government has accepted that because to my belief you cant teach a history class because he made everything happen. Also most people I talk to also dont believe in the seperation of chuch and state even though they are different religions than I am.

• Yes I do.

Most Americans I talk to, whether they are religious or atheist, do believe in the separation of church and state. Most Americans do realize that the founding fathers structured the country this way because of the persecution and nonsense taking place in Europe. Much of the world doesn't understand this about America.

• Yes, I believe that the vast majority of Americas are for the seperation of Church and State.

I believe the vast majority of Americas fully support the idea between the seperation of Church and State in today's society, I think the time has long come and gone when the Church should play an active role in a nations Government, I think it benefits both the Church and the Government for them to be seperated.

• I believe that all Americans are "for" the separation of church and state.

I believe that all Americans are "for" the separation of church and state. Church and State should never mix and religion should be left out of any issues that come up in the states. Mixing these two would just cause more conflicts and I feel that most Americans would agree.

• Seperation of church and state

People are for the seperation of church and state because they do not want the state telling the citizens what religion thing can follow. This nation was founded because people did not have freedom of religion. The founding fathers made sure that the state could not infringe on the rights of people.

• No cause is supported by "all Americans."

Separation of church and state is one of the bedrock notions of our constitution. Of course there are some people who believe this separation should be weakened. There are also people who believe it should be strengthened. Our democracy is defined by disagreements over crucial questions; these disagreements make our nation stronger by encouraging debate and incremental change. It is ridiculous to assume that "all Americans" are for or against anything specific.