Do you believe that child molestation leaves devastating effects in that child's life?

• Yes, I have no doubt that the effects are lasting

I don't think there is any question whether or not molestation stays with a person throughout their life. I am sure some people are better able to cope with the effects than others, but I believe that no one can ever fully recover from the trauma of any kind of abuse, especially as a child.

• I believe that child molestation leaves devastating effects in that child's life.

I believe that child molestation leaves devastating effects in that child's life. Sexual molestation can scar a child emotionally and lead to future psychological problems such as inability to trust others and deviant sexual behavior. Victims of child molestation sometimes turn out to become child molesters themselves in the future because they pass on the experience they had as children.

• Molestation has life time effects

i think child molestations has a long term effect on children. They first loose the trust in parents and in adults in general which leads to social and behavioral problems throughout the childhood. In addition, this will carry over into their adult life and either molest their own or have some kind of sexual addiction.

• It's a cycle.

Yes, I believe that child molestation leaves devastating effects in that child's life, because the child believes that the behavior is normal. The child then grows up to be the next perpetrator, because someone else did it to them. They are also timid, and they have worse results academically. It is tragic.

• Yes, child molestation affects a child.

Yes I definitely believe that child molestation leaves severe negative effects in a child's life. There is no way to think otherwise. I think that society should do everything that it can to prevent such a crime from happening. The affects of such crimes are not only devestating for the child, but for the family as well.