Do you believe that corporate crime statistics were higher in 2012 than other years?

• Yes thanks to better help

It is more than likely that corporate crime statistics were indeed higher in 2012 because of better practices about doing things. Where in the past things may have been a lot of different than now. People today are coming more in public when they see things that are not done right.

• Corporate Crimes Higher in 2007, 2008

I'm fairly certain corporate crimes were higher in 2007 and 2008 when loan sharks took the global economy for a ride and made unscrupulous mortgage loans to unsuspecting consumers. Those mortgage lenders tanked the economy and caused widespread layoffs because they were greedy. Corporate criminals took this money and ran with it while Wall Street was bailed out and Main Street suffered. The Great Recession was a huge "caveat emptor" moment for everyone involved.

• No, about the same.

No, I don't believe corporate crime statistics were higher in 2012 than in other years. I believe that corporations constantly push the envelope when it comes to their finances. I do not believe there is always clear definition as to what constitutes a crime. I think corporations constantly look for ways to improve their bottom line.

• I Really Doubt It

I can't seem to find any factual based information on corporate crime statistics for the year 2012, but I did find some for the year 2010-2011. I really have my doubts the statistics would be higher only in 2012. If anything I think we're seeing an escalation of this type of problem and it's more than likely continued to climb through 2013.

• not at all

No, i do not think that they were any higher that year than they were in any of the recent years before this, or in the years after this. I think that the number of crimes in these corporations has been about the same for a long time, not changing.