Do you believe that education could prevent the violence and ignorance prevalent in hate radio and internet?

• Yes, this is possible.

When we reflect upon the hate and anger that flows through this nation's media and public society, we must first turn our heads towards our education. Here, we teach our children to hate or love certain groups of people, and they will carry this most likely into the adult life.

• It Could Help

I believe further education could help prevent violence and ignorance prevalent in hare radio and Internet. From my experience colleges are excellent in regards to teaching tolerance and also explaining circumstances surrounding certain topics of hate and violence. The speeches given on Islam, I felt, were extremely important for all American citizens today, not just college students.

• No, education will not prevent hate radio and entertainment.

I do not believe that education will help to prevent things such as hate radio and ignorance prevalent in hate entertainment. I think that regardless of education, there are some people who will always just have a difference of opinions regarding such matters. Some highly educated peope do hate radio.

• No, education cannot prevent the violence and ignorance prevalent in hate radio and internet.

Online education is already available, for free, in many subjects. Yet hate continues to exist on the radio and in blogs (among other mediums). The problem is that these things sell. There is a segment of the population that will look for people to blame for their problems, and they will pay someone (indirectly of course, via advertising revenue) to point out who is "really at fault" for their own lot in life.

• People hate. It's what they do.

No, I do not believe that education could prevent the violence and ignorance prevalent in hate radio and internet, because people are just hateful in nature. The people who exterminated the Jews in World War II were not lacking for education. Rather, they just have prejudices, that are not the fault of a lack of education.