Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?

• Everything Happens For a Reason...After All, We Are Here

Just think about it for a moment...To the moment that your biological mother was getting impregnated with you. If exactly everything was the same in that moment, and the exact same sperm entered into her body, what would be the chance of you getting created? Perhaps, one in a trillion. Now, that is not even regarding all of the things that could have happened during your mother's pregnancy. Anyways, what is the chance that your mother would have been born? That your father? That your 327th great grandmother? And what is the likelihood that they would've met that specific person, out of millions and millions of people? What is the likelihood at all, that this universe was created? Everything...Everything, is a miracle. If one thing wasn't right, then everything would be different. If ONE person didn't have ONE child with another person (which is a miracle as it is) from 2,000 years ago, then it is possible that about 1/4th of the people currently on earth wouldn't have been born. It's simply amazing.

• Everything happens for a reason

Nothing is simply coincidence. Circumstances are not merely random, and if you are able to look back in time at the series of events, you can see how they fit together perfectly. Everything happens for a reason. If it is meant to be, it will be and I trust that.

• Everything happens for a reason

• Meant to be

I lost my dog last year to cancer. Overwhelmed with grief. Came out the gym 4 days ago and saw a woman I haven't seen for a year. She had same breed puppy in her car-said it needed rehoming. Needless to say I'm having it! It happened for a reason!

• It's God's Will

I really don't know how else I should put it. I know many of you aren't religious but I know you must at least believe there is a God and he exist. In simpler words, if you there is a hell then there must be a heaven. Nothing else to say. Have a good day!

• Life is planed for the best

No matter what religion we aren't here to live freely. We are all practically put on the earth by something and my guess it is like a puppet master... Holy crap I'm going crazy . K bye. Lol I'm stupid . I don't even know anymore. I'm in luv .

• I believe that everything happens for a reason

Things happen for a reason, but you have the CHOICE to ignore it or not. It's something that I've believed in for a while. I've met a really important person in my life, I survived when I shouldn't have, and my parents didn't move so I could actually do the things I needed to do here. Also, there have been smaller things, things that have just worked out out of the blue, when everything lined up

• There's a plan for everyone

I believe that there is a plan made out there for everyone. It's like fate. People and opportunities come in and out of our lives for a reason; and that reason is so we can learn and grow from experiences and or mistakes that we have made. There's a plan.

• There's a plan for everyone

• Everything happens for a reason

We are all connected somehow, I started talking to a guy i just met and we were trading some pictures and i noticed something really weird. Last week i went to a game and hung out with some friends and he was there, i was the only one out of everyone there at the game in the background of his picture with his cousin. I have not known, seen or spoken to or about him ever in my life till 2 days ago! Me and him seem to be getting along very well and we talk all the time, so yes.. I believe there is a reason for everything. Just like my boyfriend cheating and getting the girl pregnant, or me and my exes breaking up or like my mom divorcing my dad. Everything happens for a reason, you just don't know why yet! :)

• Random events are a part of reality

From quantum mechanics to the lottery, random events do happen. Sure, many events do stem from a specific cause, but certainly not all, and this question was phrased with the key word "everything". Some may argue that the universe follows some grand plan, but what is that plan? Where is the evidence for it?

• Things Happen, people react

I believe in the God of the Holy Bible. I believe that the Bible is the sole revealed will of God. The Bible teaches that God's plan for man will be victorious at the end of time. God does not cause bad things to happen, the Devil does. God has given us a way to be reconciled to him. The Bible teaches that the rain falls on the just and the unjust. Conversely, it would be logical to assume that bad things happen to the just and the unjust. How we respond to the events of life, good and bad, determines our outcome. Things happen to all, by chance, but how we react to these things is up to us. We are "free moral agents", and can determine how we will respond. We are not robots, guided without our will by some unseen power. That is not Biblical in any sense.

• No

When I think about what "things" represents I think of everything I possibely can. Not just life changing events. Than I think about what would be an acceptable reason in this context. Every action has a cause in some way shape or form but I don't believe there is a lesson behind everything. Sometimes children die because the die. Its sad, and I wish I had super powers so I can help prevent it as much as i can but I dont. Sometimes things happen just because the do.

• It may happen for a reason, but it's probably not the one you instinctively latched on to!

When we say that things happen for a reason, we are usually referring to there being some grand plan or purpose for us, written in the stars long before our birth. We speak of fate, of destiny, of karma, of events predetermined and predestined, that old chestnut "it was meant to happen!"

Iadopt my stance because, although I used to believe that God did have a plan for me, that I was meant to be with that certain someone, or that the car crashed for a reason that was not immediately apparent and clear to me but would eventually reveal itself, we now know enough to admit to ourselves that events may take place for a reason (in the scientific sense), insofar as they are the result of a series of causes and effects, of chance, of accident, and that we are a species that needs to derive meaning.

Inow view this position (the one which contradicts my current one) as a bit of a evolutionary coping mechanism, something which has served its purpose, it has offerred us comfort and hope in our times of need. It helps to think this way (especially when we are vulnerable or utterly overwhelmed by something), it enables us to face terrible diasters and loss, it helps us to justify certain actions and make sense of them, but I think the time has come to accept that terrible things happen to good people and fantastic things can happen to those who might be deemed less deserving and viceversa, that the fact that some things might be likely or probable does not make them inevitable, that we must face up to our responsibilities and to our reality, because, to borrow Darwin's words, "there is grandeur in this view of life"!

• Humans have reasons, the universe does not

When a tornado hits a town we begin to think there must be a reason this happened. As if it was planned with some goal in mind. This is a classic example of finding order out of chaos, like seeing shapes in the clouds or a face on a burnt piece of toast. Thinking creatures like us have plans and reasons, the matter and energy that makes up the universe however doesn't think it has no reason or ultimate goal.
    We've evolved to find patterns, a shaking bush might have a predator, the booming of thunder means a storm is approaching so find shelter, smoke means fire, a bunch of animals running in one direction means danger is in the opposite. Those of us better able to see the patterns survived and reproduced those who couldn't see them were not likely to live long. We are a pattern seeking animal living in a world full of chaos. Like a dog chasing it's own tail we will continue to try and find the meaning behind it all but we will never reach that goal.

• I don't believe everything happens for a reason

For starters, I don't believe this simply because there are way too many variables in life to be already decided. I believe that we sometimes recognize that we don't actually have to do certain things; therefore we choose something else. There are a lot of lessons to be learned, and we can pick up on that and change our minds for the better. It's ok to accept the way things happen but we can ALWAYS CHANGE.

• Not everything happen for a reason

My argument is that everything does not happen for a reason. Sometimes, things can happen for a false reason or for no reason. So, I personally believe that something can happen for a false reason. Whether the false reason is a reason by itself or not is another debating story.

Thank you!

• Reason implies logic and mathematical certainty....

Whereas much of what happens in life is purely random. A person driving a lorry has a heart attack, loses control of the vehicle and runs over young children killing them. What's the reason for that? It's all part of their big plan or life lessons they need to learn? And saying everything happens for a reason implies that life is preordained and we are acting it out rather than influencing. And saying everything happens for a reason is cod psychology

Posted by: stv
  • This tendency to see meaning in life events seems to reflect our powerful drive to reason in psychological terms.

This tendency to see meaning in life events seems to reflect a more general aspect of human nature: our powerful drive to reason in psychological terms, to make sense of events and situations by appealing to goals, desires and intentions. This drive serves us well when we think about the actions of other people, who actually possess these psychological states, because it helps us figure out why people behave as they do and to respond appropriately. But it can lead us into error when we overextend it, causing us to infer psychological states even when none exist. This fosters the illusion that the world itself is full of purpose and design.

• No way !

I hate it when people say this. It becomes a substitute for grief. Most of the time the things that happen are because we are human and make stupid decisions or we have to live with the consequences of others' stupid decisions. We are free moral agents, thus we are going to make mistakes and suffer the consequences of those mistakes. Nothing catches God by surprise, He knows all.....The promise is....That He will be there to help us thru whatever we are going through.