• Yes, IQ is heritable.

I believe IQ is very much heritable. But I also believe we all too often confuse IQ with a lack of opportunity or one's lot in life. I believe that a tendency toward an extremely low or high IQ is heritable, but beyond that, it is the circumstances in one's early life that determine how low or high the IQ will ultimately be.

• IQ is Partially Inheritable

IQ is something that can be inherited from your parents and ancestors. It is not the only indicator of a person's IQ but can indeed be a major factor in the natural intelligence of an individual. It is why so many in one family find success when others struggle to match that success when they come from a different background and from a different family.

• IQ is Heritable

I personally think that IQ is heritable because it was first found in adults as well as in children. I personally think that IQ is heritable because it was found the greatest cultural load as well as the greatest test within the IQ. I personally think that the IQ heritage has been around but no one has really been able to find accurate research on it.

• Science says so.

Yes, I believe that IQ is heritable, because there are scientific studies that prove it. IQ is something that a person is born with, to a certain extent. But IQ is also heritable in that parents who have high IQs are also more likely to teach their children to work hard in school and in life.

• In our genes

Yes, I do think that a person can get a high or low IQ through their parents genes. When you are born, half of your DNA comes from your mother and half from your father. In this DNA coding lies what is going to potentially be how smart you are.

• There is a lack of proof for the link between IQ and intelligence.

IQ is nothing more than a measure of a person's intelligence relative to his own age. Supporting my opinion is the fact that IQ is standardized at 100 when a person's intelligence is correspondent to the average intelligence of his age group. For example, Einstein would have had an IQ of at least 484 when he discovered e=mc^2 (he was 26, 16-yo in 2015 learn about e=mc^2, I did not take into account of the fact that it was a discovery instead of a study).

However, I am not saying that relative intelligence cannot be inherited. Every person has a 'brain clock' (think of it like a CPU, number of calculations per second), varied number of 'brain cores' (like a multi-core CPU multitasking calculations) and a 'brain memory' (your RAM, showing how much memory can you retain in your immediate thought before disposing it away into storage). These three factors can be inherited and altered depending on your parents. By this concept, just like a PC, good combinations will result in more intelligence. You don't want a slow thinker with large brain memory, he won't be able to utilize it. Nor do you want the opposite, fast brain small memory equals to pseudo-ADD.

That also goes to show that although relative intelligence can be inherited, intelligence itself cannot. Intelligence is the information known by the vessel. A person with high relative intelligence may not be intelligent at all because you might have taught him all the wrong things. The opposite is also true.

Should the seed of knowledge you plant in the child is the right one, with high relative intelligence, he should be able to naturally figure out the consequent knowledge and his intelligence will grow naturally, and yes, he might find discrepancies and go on to become the next Einstein, in which case his IQ would soar the moment he found the solution. And as I have mentioned earlier, the same is true vice versa or any other way you might want to put it together.

In conclusion, one cannot inherit IQ or intelligence. One can however inherit relative intelligence, or better know as cognitive capacity. The offspring would then have to be taught knowledge (fit with his initial mental age) then that child would grow mentally based on his cognitive capacity. Those who grow faster in the right direction will have higher IQ, those who doesn't will have lower IQ.