Do you believe that Jesus Christ is your Savior?

Asked by: CourtneyAllison
  • Jesus is my Savoir!

Jesus is your Savoir. Whether you believe it or not. When you die then you will believe me. All you have to do is read the Bible. Jesus died to forgive us for our sins. Nobody is perfect. We all sin. All you have to do is pray to God.

• Jesus is our savior!!!

There is so much evidence to not only prove that Jesus was real, but that he did magnificent things. We have first hand evidence such as the Bible, which some people would attempt to argue is fake, that prove Jesus's existence and his legacy. Many predictions that the Bible has made have come true, and many stories that are in the Bible, such as the parting of the Red Sea, have been proven (though some might say the evidence is coincidence). Jesus saved us and those who believe will be rewarded, as he promised us.

• Personal experience should not be discounted.

There is a obscure thing about personal experience. Dreams and imaginations are part of personal experience. However, when two or more people have the same personal experience during unrelated events, we should conclude that others will have a similar personal experience if there are similar conditions to the previous events. At that point we are no longer basing our evidence on a single personal experience we are basing our belief on scientific data. Every apple falls to the ground, therefore gravity exists and is no longer a theory but actually a law. Asking Jesus Christ into your heart works the same for every one every time, therefor it must be true. Or because asking Jesus into your heart and it worked the same as another person, asking him into his heart, it must be conditionally true, which also makes it true. Jesus Christ is my savior because I asked him to be and he accepted me just like he promised he would, well at least I have the feeling of acceptance, and not the feeling of constant rejection which I had before I asked Jesus to be my savior. Since nothing else I had tried previously resolved my perpetual guilt of being continual rejected, I can only conclude that the change was caused by outside forces directly related to Asking Jesus into my heart. Therefore Jesus is God and he is my Savior.

• Without A Doubt!

I know & believe Christ is my Savior. I base my beliefs on my religious teaching as well as what I feel in my heart. Religion is a lot like love. You can't visibly see it, or touch it. You can't measure it. Yet, you can feel it and you know that it exists. I also base my beliefs on the fact that many aspects of the Bible have been proven to be true. I'm not here to debate my position. I'm merely answering the question. I try to respect the beliefs of others. I would, likewise, appreciate that same respect in return.

This website is overflowing with religion-oriented opinions & polls (usually started by self-proclaimed atheists). It isn't a matter of discussion. It is often much closer to harassment. I honestly thought the far right-wingers were crazy, when they suggested a war on Christianity. Then, I joined Debate.Org. I can honestly tell you that I've seen enough on here to understand the far right-wing position. And that's pretty darn scary!

• With all my heart and all my mind

All evidence and study I have conducted over my life has pointed me to one place. Jesus Christ. I 100% believe that He died for my sins, He is the creator of our universe, He is our protector, the bible is His word and He gives us new life in his name.

The more I have exposed myself to other world views and taken scientific discovery into account, the more I find Jesus to be the answer. Faith does not have to be blind and if you look deeper, it isn't.

• Jesus saved me from my sin

Jesus died on the Cross for my sin, and your sin. He was buried and raised to life on the third day. I believe in him as my Lord and Savior. I hope people will know Christ one day. That is my wish for all because it is true to this day.

• Believe Now Guys

You have to believe proof has been presented, yet your blind eyes have refused to believe in The Lord a God. The number of people who said no outnumber us, the true believers. The proof that god is real is huge. Think about near death experiences when people did not know ancestors, but can clearly identify them when they return from heaven. Think about it, and believe in you savior, Jesus Christ.

• He is Risen

I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. I believe he came down to earth and took our place on the cross. I believe he died on the cross and that 3 days later he rose from the dead. I believe anyone who calls on the name of the Lord and accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior will be saved!

• I am a true believer

If I wrote the many experiences I have had I would run out of space. God is real Jesus is real! In the name of the father and in the son and the Holy spirit. I pray that the lord enters your hearts & souls so that you too will believe.

• Yes, I believed

Yes, not only a savior, HE is also Mighty God and Everlasting Father according to the Holy bible, book of Isaiah 9:6, it is written in the scripture of the holy bible. GOD is a TRUE GOD and His word was TRUE and TRUTH. The truth will set you free.

• No I do not believe he is my savior.

First of all, there is absolutely no contemporary records of Jesus around that time. The first reliable recording is Tacitus many years later. Tacitus would be relevant, if the question were the existence of Christians. Tacitus simply states that there is a cult that call themselves Christians.

Compounded on no evidence for Jesus, there is no evidence for a deity. I have argued time and time again, and no one has presented evidence saying that I should believe in the god. So my position is that there may or may not be a god.

Even if a deity was real, it still would not mean that Christianity is true. Any of the thousands of other religions could be true. I mean, the Flying Spaghetti Monster could be real for all we know!

And the bible is not factual at all. Sure it describes some historical events, but the accounts of Jesus are 4 and all seem somewhat contradictory. And the bible says the earth was flat like a wax seal. (job)

• No, not at all. Same goes for you mother.

The major problem with reliance on personal experience is that we know our experiences are not a true reflection of reality. Personal experience is demonstrably subjective and uncontrolled. Our brains are extremely prone to being fooled, especially in the areas of perception, logic and memory. If you use personal experience to become convinced of an objective truth, like saying homeopathy is effective because your backache went away or that ghosts are real because you saw one, all you are proving is that your standard for truth includes farce and failure. This becomes especially egregious if, rather than offer up any convincing arguments or evidence, you simply marginalize those who do wish to weed our error by assigning labels like "militant" or "close-minded." If experiences were proof, then magicians would be considered gods. A good skeptic understands this and must therefore dismiss personal experience unless it can be backed up by other means. This is a reflection of intellectual honesty and, if accurate investigation is our goal, it should be embraced instead of used as a way to create distance between you and the arguments you do not want to hear.

• How then does one explain evil?

In order for the deity of the Christian faith to exist, one must accept all assertions of His character. The Bible names this God as loving, compassionate, selfless, and inherently intolerant of evil. The earth, as this God's creation, would the reflect the nature of this deity, as well as would human nature. This is not the case. Human nature is flawed beyond the argument of necessary evil. Christians often argue that the reason for man's cruel nature is in order for the existence of free will, however, this is also flawed logic. Let us take genocide, for example. Evil exists in other forms than genocide. Therefore, genocide is not necessary for evil to exist and subsequently for humans to have free will. However, as our supposed creator, God created in us the capacity for mass genocide in conjunction will the capacity for many other forms of evil, even though it is not necessary for free will. This contradicts the idea of a God who loves all unconditionally; one would assume that a loving God would desire to protect as many of his creations as possible, and that an omnipotent God would be capable of creating free will without the capacity for genocide. So either God is not all-loving, or he is not all-powerful, and both of these characteristics are inherent to the christian deity. Therefore, the God of the Bible does not exist, and logically it follows that as part of the trinity of said deity, His son Jesus Christ does not exist either.

• I used to.

But then I got better.

At a young age, I was drawn in by a mix of wonder and fear, and it was mostly fear that kept me coming back. The world wants to destroy you. The government hates True Believers™ and will mark them with the Mark of the Beast™ and only Jesus Our Saviour™ can save you from Hell™. I believed so hard I became involved in the ministry, teaching other young people how to be deathly afraid of the God that loved us sooooooooo much he was going to torture us forever if we didn't interpret the Bible in EXACTLY the right way.

Then I became a grown up, and I started asking questions that the Pastor didn't like. So I was demoted out of the ministry for daring to think while simultaneously being a woman.

Eventually, I put away my childish religion. And I'm much happier for it.

Posted by: Seek
  • The Judeo-Christian mythology is just that.

There is no evidence the Abrahamic god exists, much less that humans are so inherently awful that they deserve eternal torment unless they have a "savior" that they bow down to.
    The concept is nonsensical to being with. First off, how can you consider a god loving if it requires a human sacrifice just to forgive people the crime of BEING HUMAN, then only "forgives" those who worship it anyway? Second, the atonement is illogical on its face- it's like saying you can beat me with a pool cue until I get detached retinas and it will get your cousin released from prison.

• No, not at all. Same goes for your mother.

Religion is also very immoral, the essence of sadomasochism; to love someone you fear at the same time.

• No, same goes for your mother.

The miracle is that there is no miracle, the laws of nature are never suspended in our response. The belief in any sort of god is ridiculous because you have no reason to believe it. The relationship with Jesus is sadomasochistic, you have to love someone you fear at the same time. Religion is man made and no proof is demonstrated.

• Don't be an ignorant bigot.

You may believe that jesus is YOUR savior, but other people may not think so. Also, I intentionally didn't capitalize the "j" in jesus because I don't believe that it deserves to capitalized, like words such as "him" and "god", despite it being a proper noun.

Do not force your ideals onto others by proclaiming that "when you die, you will believe me". You can believe whatever you want, but some of us, AKA me, don't share your values, your belief, your faith.

Stick to church, kid.

• He was just some middle-eastern guy.

Jesus is believed to be the son of god, probably, he was just the son of his mom and her husband, or some onenightstand. I think the story is a too clearly made up, because: you get pregnant, you're unmarried, and your husband is not the father... What to do? Get all Maradonna on their asses and say it was god, strange enough, in both cases people bought it, Argentina won the world cup, and Mary was thought to be still a virgin (yeah, right!).

• I hold no belief in any god or gods

There is no compelling evidence for any god, so I have no reason to believe. As has often been said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. We don't have any worthwhile evidence for any god unless you choose to accept on faith what is written in holy books, but that's not evidence.