Do you believe that patients preserved through cryonics retain their souls?

• yes they do

Yes, if there was a way to bring them back out of this state, then they would be living the same way that they did back then, and not a thing would end up changing at all. I think that we need to test this some to see the effects.

• Once They're Dead, They're Dead

Once someone is dead, they are dead. I don't see how a cryogenically-preserved specimen can be brought back to life despite the fantastic notion that the person inside will be intact after decades or centuries of disuse. Preserving someone that way is a nifty experiment to see if such reanimation is possible, but I find it to be unlikely to work.

• They are not alive.

No, I do not believe that patients preserved through cryonics retain their souls, because cryonics only retain the body. When the person's brain function ends, and they are no longer breathing on their own, the person's soul leaves their body. No amount of preservation attempts can stop the life cycle. They are no longer alive.

• No I don't.

I believe that patients preserved through cryonics retain their structural integrity and may one day be reanimated and brought back to life. But they don't retain their souls. Reason being? A soul doesn't exist. There's no evidence of a soul. If there was a soul, then yes I guess it would be retained.

• No I don't.

Cryonics only preserve the physical existence and well being of a human. When they die, the soul goes through the same things any other soul goes through, whether the body is preserved, or buried 6 feet underground to rot. Our bodies are merely temporarily lent to us by God, they are not our own.

• There is no such thing as a soul.

Nope! But the good news for all those reading this and thinking of getting frozen at their time of death is that I don't think we have souls in the first place. There's no scientific proof that something called a soul exists. Of course, there's no scientific proof of cryonics ever working so I suppose it's just hair splitting on my part.