Do you believe that socioeconomic status affects the connection between race and intelligence?

• Race Intelligence Is Biased

I believe the current study between race and intelligence is biased because it doesn't take into account the socioeconomic status differences between the races. I believe the facts actually show that those with less opportunity are not as smart and that indicates they didn't receive a fair chance. I do not think it makes factually evidence for the argument that some races are smarter.

• Studies show a direct correlation between race and intelligence

There are many studies that show a direct link between race and intelligence. For example, black children adopted into white middle class families do not achieve white standards. People will play this off by saying they rise to the level expected of them.

IQ tests consistently show blacks lower played off by saying the tests are biased for whites. However, Orientals in Asia score the highest.

• No, I believe race and intelligence aren't connected.

Race and intelligence are not connected. However, as this debate question alludes to, some children are put at a disadvantage if they live in an area without good teachers or disruptive classmates, which might be more common in the inner city. That being said, all children have the ability to get an education through the public school system, and children of any race can excel if they apply themselves and do their best at their schoolwork, regardless of race or where they live. And it's important that adults make sure that public schools are filled with the best teachers possible, regardless of area.

• Intelligence and race have nothing to do with socioeconomic status.

I don't believe that socioeconomic status affects the connection between race and intelligence. One's socioeconomic status to begin with can affect one's success in life, but it has nothing to do with intelligence and race. One can be poor and white or poor and black and still be very intelligent.

• I do not.

I do not believe that socioeconomic status affects the connection between race and intelligence. There is nothing out there that can prove there is a real connection between race and intelligence. People who think that are just bigots and want to have some way of saying that others are inferior.

• It is reflective.

No, I do not believe that socioeconomic status affects the connection between race and intelligence, because I do not believe that there is a connection between race and intelligence. Socioeconomic status can be a reflection of intelligence, however, because people with high intelligence tend to have better outcomes economically in the world.