Do you believe that voting rights should be reinstated to felons after their release?

• If they are expected to follow the laws, they should have a say in them.

Felons should ideally keep their voting rights even in prison, because everyone's opinion counts. If felons don't get to vote even when out of prison, government officials can simply make things into felonies to get people who disagree with them imprisoned and take away their voting rights. Felons are still people.

• Yes I do.

I believe that voting rights should be given back to the felons once they released from jail and any probabtion periods. I know felons who are doing very well for themselves but have not got those voting rights back because it was too much of a hassle to go through all the required work.

• Everyone has a right to shape their government.

A felon is just another person, who may have made mistakes but deserves his rights to articulate his beliefs by casting a vote. Mistakes and bad choices should not be used as an excuse to continue persecuting those people forever. Their beliefs are just as valid and unique as anyone else.

• Yes, I believe voting rights should be reinstated to felons after their relese.

I believe that after an individual has served their time and is released they should not continue to be punished by being deprived of the right to vote, I believe a felon has just as much right to elect his/her representatives as anyone else in the community so I fully support the idea of voting rights being reinstated to felons after release.

• Their opinions don't count.

No, I do not believe that voting rights should be reinstated to felons after their release, because they have shown that they do not have good enough judgment to express an opinion on who should win in an election. They are probably jaded, and they would vote for someone who is anti-government.

• Not at all

No, I think that if you do something that is bad enough that you get a felony then you should not need to be able to go and vote any more. I think that if you do this crime then you need to give up some of your basic rights.