Do you believe the 2008 Presidential Election was a watershed moment for American politics?

• Yes, the 2008 Presidential Election was a watershed moment

Yes, I believe the 2008 Presidential Election was a watershed moment for American politics. For a country with our rather checkered past regarding race relations, specifically the injustices put upon African Americans to elect a black president marks that change, to some degree, has truly arrived. I think a lot of people forget that the civil rights movement was less than 60 years ago! And now we have a black president. Still a very long way to go but hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

• The 2008 Presidential Election ocurred in the lifetimes of some who had seen separate water fountains and other forms of segregation, making the election a watershed moment.

The election of President Barack Obama in 2008 was a watershed moment for American politics since voters were alive when the Civil Rights Act of 1964 had passed just fourty-four years prior to this election. The induction of a president who was half black and half white was a Watershed moment for American politics because it holds such extreme historical significance to race relations and acceptance in the United States.

• It's pretty much faded away now...

Back then the 2008 election was a watershed moment. Now.... It's rolling in S***! It's faded to the point where it's pretty much forgettable.... I mean... That day represented the first black president in office. At the time that moment meant a lot. Now it's in mud as of 2015. What a shame for the democrats...

• It hasn't worked out.

No, I do not believe that the 2008 Presidential election was a watershed moment for American politics, because I do not think that the lofty things people thought they were voting for actually panned out. The 2008 Presidential Election was supposed to be when we got over race relations and became one nation. But President Obama, with the Trayvon Martin protests and the beer summit has made race relations worse than ever before.

• No I Don't

I do not believe the 2008 Presidential Election was a watershed moment for American politics. I think the 2008 Presidential Election was the first sign that there was a problem within the Republican Party and it has done nothing but gotten worse since that time. I don't think there was a major shift or change in the Democratic Party.