Do you believe the ban on assault weapons should have been extended?

• Yes, no one needs and assault weapon

I agree very strongly that the ban on assault weapons should have been extended. No law-abiding civilian has a legitimate reason to own an assault weapon. The sole purpose of such weapons is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. I have never heard even the most ardent 2nd Amendment advocate say why anyone needs an assault weapon. "Because they want one," that's the only reason they can give. And that's not good enough.

• The ban should have been extended for protective reasons.

The ban on assault weapons should have been extended. This is because I think more people need to be protected from themselves, and need to be protected from others. Assault weapons are not necessary to have the right of keeping and bearing arms intact. There is still room to work on this legislation to alter it.

• Yes I Do

I believe the ban on assault weapons should have been extended. I do not believe there is a justifiable reason for an American citizen to own these weapons and it would have been far better to extend the ban as it was created to do, rather than let it lapse.

• Ban On Assault

I personally think that the ban on assault weapons should have been extended because assault weapons can affected by the society I personally think that the ban on assault weapons should have been extended because it could affect many people's lives as well as the environment. I personally think that the ban on assault weapons would help out a lot.

• People need to be free.

No, I do not believe that the ban on assault weapons should have been extended, because people have a right to own and use weapons. There are problems with guns, it is true, but the underlying problem is violence and hate, not the fact that people have guns. Assault weapons are allowed under the Second Amendment.

• Not at all

We by our founding fathers have the constitutional right to bear arms any type of arms we by our founding fathers have the right to overthrow our government. We need to protect ourselves from other countries and be able to forcefully rebuild our government. We the people of the united states of america cant do any of that if they have the better weapons. Let us be the ones to decide if we ourselves want to carry don't leave it to the government to keep us from achieving safety. Lets keep our life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

• The founding fathers

We're some of the most educated and intelligent men in history, they did something that America has stopped doing and that is study the past and allow it to help you prepare and plan for the future. The constitution and bill of rights are still ,in the scheme of known civilization ,the greatest most modern documents ever. The second amendment was not written so you can defend yourself if someone is trying to break in your home, car, or assault you in public. That is a right that is a given, that needs not be written. The 2nd amendment was written so that if tyrants seize power or are given it. That free men and women don't have just a double barrel shoot gun with a range of 50 yards to fight against a modern armed oppressive force. If you think that could never happen, then the saying "history repeats itself" is false, and if you believe that, I pray you find the wisdom to except otherwise