Do you believe the BBC and Channel 4 should merge?

• Let them merge.

The BBC and Channel 4 should merge. This is because they can both combine their programming and also come up with newer quality programming that people can enjoy. The channels can get also get a stronger foothold on the viewership by doing this as there is much competition out there for the TV audience.

• No, I don't.

No, I don't believe that the BBC and Channel 4 should merge. I don't see the point of limiting the shows that are available on air. I like both and I would welcome as many different stations and options as possible when I'm viewing something. I like to have a little variety.

• England doesn't have enough variety.

No, I do not believe that the BBC and Channel 4 should merge, because there are already very few television options in the United Kingdom. Also, the BBC does a good job, and it doesn't have much to gain from combining with Channel 4. Viewers are still best to choose which channel they want to watch.

• The BBC is unique and should Remain so

There are major differences between British and American Broadcasting - both in programming and in business structure. Those differences appeal to different audiences. Merging the two would have a negative impact on both audiences and would dilute the positive aspects of each. There is entirely too much pandering to the common denominator in the television industry. Leave the BBC alone and let Channel 4 do whatever Channel 4 always does. A merger is not audience friendly.

• If I want BBC, I'll watch BBC.

No, I don't think that the BBC and Channel 4 should merge. The idea of having private channels apart from the BBC is to have a different form of programming. An alternative. Channel 4 would cease to be an independent media resource, and become just another number in the BBC product lineup.