Do you believe the California man who says he was fired for complaining to Comcast?

• Yes, I believe the California man who says he was fired for complaining to Comcast.

Among US consumer-facing corporations, Comcast has easily the worst reputation in terms of customer service. Consequently, it's not hard to believe that a terrible customer service experience at the hands of Comcast would have caused a man to become so angry that he would have invoked the name of his employer (presumably a prestigious and influential one) to try and get better service out of the company. Given Comcast's obvious disdain for its own customers, it's also not hard to believe that they would then try to leverage the situation and get the man fired from his job. Comcast is a shameful company with an atrocious history, and if they hope to remain near the top of the heap of digital media providers, they better reform their ways.

• Yes I do believe that Conal O'Rourke's was fired for complaining about Comcast.

Yes I do give a lot of faint and credit to Conal O'Rourke's claim of being fired for complaining about Comcast. My own personal interactions with Comcast customer service and accounting have included calls from Comcast to my "employer" letting them know I was 40 - 50 call to them during my work hours about matters that were "trivial." They didn't apparently take to the time read that my job title was CEO (I'm self-employed). So yes I believe Mr. O'Rourks's claims.

• Yes, losing your job for complaining about billing practices to a company your employer consults with is completely believable.

Losing your job for complaining about your bill to a company your employer consults with is, unfortunately in this day and time, completely believable. The job market has rebounded, but has definitely not made a complete turnaround and this issue has made it simpler for companies to discard employees for infractions that they consider to be harmful to their business with very little investigation into the matter. Large companies that feel the threat of losing a large account because of an employee’s complaints are very likely to discharge that employee rather than lose the account. This type of business practice and handling of employees is a disgrace but has become a fact of life in today’s lagging economy.

• No. The California man was fired for abuse of company relationships.

Nol The man from California was not fired for complaining to Comcast. Rather, he was fired because in filing a complaint with Comcast he attempted to use the fact that he worked for one of Comcast's consultants to leverage his position. If in fact the man was not trying to use his employment with a Comcast consulting firm as leverage, he would not have mentioned his place of employment as the bill he was disputing was for personal/private service from Comcast and wholly unrelated to any such services that may have been provided at his place of employment.