Do you believe the Civil Rights Act would have passed without the efforts of Martin Luther King, Jr.?

• Yes, but much later.

I believe the Civil Rights Act would eventually have been passed without Martin Luther King, Jr., but, I believe it would have taken much longer. I think racism and violence would have continued to escalate until people started to realize on their own how wrong it was. I do not think people would have been able to continue rationalizing segregation.

• Yes, the Civil Rights Act would have passed without King.

I think that even without the efforts of Martin Luther King, Jr., the Civil Rights Act would still have passed. I think that it was only going to be a matter of time till the country of the United States of America decided to changer their stance on an issue like race. While his efforts helped the cause, Martin Luther King, Jr. wasn't needed.

• It would have

The act would have passed. While MLK was a very high profile symbol of the civil rights movement, the movement had been gaining momentum slowly for decades, and a combination of improved position in society of blacks and the changing social norms meant things were ultimately leading that direction anyway.

• It probably would not

If it were not for Martin Luther King Jr the civil rights act here in the United States of America it may have not passed. If it did pass there is also a chance that the civil rights act in the United States of America could have taken a lot longer.

• Not without the leader

No it wouldn't have without the help of Martin Luther King. He had to fight for the rights of the African Americans to be treated fairly in life and not treated sub par. He was the leader of this Civil for every man woman and child to be treated fairly without the bias of their skin color.