Do you believe the death photos of Osama Bin Laden should have been released to the public?

• I Believe So

The reasoning behind not releasing the photos was the fact that it may have created a security threat for the United States. In my opinion, the operation that sought out and killed Osama bin Laden was a security threat to the United States and that reason should not matter. I feel as though these photos should have been released.

• We needed to know.

Yes, I believe that the death photos of Osama Bin Laden should have been released to the public, because the people had a right to know that he was really did. If they did not release the photos there would always be the conspiracy theories that he wasn't really dead. Since we were all the victims of his actions, we all deserved to see the body.

• No, publishing those photos was something Osama Bin Laden would do.

I did not believe the death photos of Osama Bin Laden should have been released. Everywhere you looked there were death photos of Osama Bin Laden. I was saddened because it seemed that we lost a little of our humanity when we made the decision to release them like that. Parading death photos all throughout the media made us seem like we were stooping to their tactics. The US is better than that.

• Osama Bin Laden photos should not have been released in public

Osama Bin Laden photos should not have been released in public. The only reason why they should not have been released in public is because as a country we are more civilized and we do not need to do stupid things like this. Showing the image goes to show that we are bloodthirsty and seek revenge, even though it may not be true, but that's what other people think of us when we did it.

• We need standards

The US is a civilized country, regardless of what people claim or think in political arenas. In the US, we need to keep standards of civilization. We don't, as a society, actively desecrate the bodies of even our worst enemies - stooping to doing this is not an option for us.