Do you believe the events of the Bible happened exactly as they are written?

• There is no reason to believe otherwise.

Yes, I believe that the events of the Bible happened exactly as they were written, because God told us the truth in His word. If God were speaking figuratively, he would have told us. But God spoke the truth, and He spoke it in words that we could understand. The words of the Bible are true.

• If you are a christian, the bible is always true

Obviously, if you are not christian, you do not think the bible is true. However, if you are, then you should think it is always true. However, that is not the same as saying everything happened exactly as written. Instead, you must interpret the bible according to its context. For example, thre real meaning of genesis is not that god created the world in 7 days, but merely that god created the world. Not everything in the bible is historical fact, and christians should not think it is.

• The events of the Bible did not happen exactly as they are written.

Obviously, not all of the event in the Bible really happened exactly as they are written. The Bible is an important book from which many people derive spiritual inspiration. A lot of the stories from the Bible are meant to be symbolic. Even if they didn't happen literally, they can have religious importance.

• No. I do not believe the events of the Bible happened exactly as they are written.

No. I do not believe the events of the Bible happened exactly as they are written, because written in the bible, Jesus himself said that he often spoke in parables. Using thought provoking stories to teach a lesson. So no it is clear that not all stories in the bible happened as they were written.

• Kernel of truth, mostly not

I believe that there is a kernel of truth in most things in the Bible and that many of the stories describe the basics of real events and people, but I think that a lot of the things in the Bible have been embellished or mixed with other legends from around the world. Either that, or a lot of the stuff is meant to be like Aesop's fables.

• Its not possible

The Bible had multiple authors over the course of several hundred years and writing at a time several hundred (even a thousand) years after the facts. Yes, the events of the Bible could have take place to some degree, but there is no way that it literally happened in general.

• The bible contradicts itself and is just ridiculous

I'm an atheist because I decided to read the bible, and eventually the koran and I can't believe people actually believe this! Genesis 1 and 2 contradicts itself with the creation of the earth and such. Let us look at other outrageous things found in the bible...
    -No shellfish (Leviticus 11:10)
    -You have to include salt as an offering to god (Leviticus 2:13)
    -No eating fat or blood (Leviticus 3:17)
    -No touching unclean animals (Leviticus 5:2)
    -No unkempt hair or tearing your clothes (Leviticus 10:6)
    -You're unclean for 66 days after giving birth to a girl (Leviticus 12:5)
    -No having sex with a woman during her period (Leviticus 18:19)
    -Men cannot have sex with men (Leviticus 18:22)
    -No cross-breeding animals (Leviticus 19:19)
    -No mixed fabric clothing (Leviticus 19:19)
    -No planting different seeds in the same field (Leviticus 19:19)
    -No trimming your beard (Leviticus 19:27)
    -No getting tattoos (Leviticus 19:28)
    -Rapists must marry their victims (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)
    -Women can be stoned to death for being non-virgins before marriage- (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
    -Women can't teach or have authority over men (Timothy 2:11)
    -If you don't have a penis or your testicles are wounded, you may not enter the church [men, of course] (Deuteronomy 23:1)
    -Women must cover their hair during prayer (Corinthians 11:5)
    -If you curse at your parents, you will be put to death (Leviticus 20:9)
    That's just a taste...I invite you to read the bible (I'm sure many of you Christians haven't) and then we'll see who believes everything is literal in that fantasy book.