Do you believe the field of humanities is obsolete?

• No, the humanities show us ourselves

Technology is glorified at this moment in time, but the humanities
    will be of importance as long as people exist. The humanities teach us about our
    culture, about our place in history and in the universe. Their great works give
    comfort to the lonely and lost, and offer inspiration to the young and striving.
    The humanities lack the glamor of the hard
    sciences, and yet they make up the science of ourselves.

• The humanities are just as important as ever.

Ethnicity, culture, religion, society, etc are just as significant today as they were in the past. Technology has not changed this. In fact, if anything, technology has enhanced the humanities as now it is possible for ideas to spread faster and reach more of an audience than ever before. The effects of this are clear to see as cultural and political trends shift around the globe.

• No It's Not

The humanities include ancient and modern languages, literature, philosophy, religion, and visual and performing arts such as music and theatre (Wikipedia). I do not believe the field of humanities is obsolete. More than likely you interact with people in these fields on a daily basis. We still use all of these topics.

• Field of humanities obsolete?

I don't agree that any area of humanities is obsolete becuase no area can be perfect. You have to think about all of the areas of humanities that can be changed or wrong. Alot of different factors are pulled into this area and no area in life is perfect at all.

• It is not

No, I do not think that the field of humanities is obsolete at all. I think that it is still a very alive and going profession, and I know that here at the college I go to we are all required to take a couple of courses in this area.