Do you believe the general public knows the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and knows when to seek medical help (as opposed to over-the-counter self-treatment)?

• The general public knows the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and knows when to seek medical help.

The general public knows the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and knows when to seek medical help. People with allergic rhinitis have usually had symptoms all of their life. They are aware of the medications that they can purchase over the counter to alleviate their symptoms. For some people, over the counter medications are not as effective as prescription medications and they need to seek the help of a physician. Unfortunately, there are many people that do not have health insurance so they have no choice but to buy over the counter medications and suffer.

• People will generally avoid the hospital.

Although society is becoming increasingly hypo-chondriacs, they are still afraid of the hospital too. The general thought is that everything is a serious ailment, but can be prevented with home treatment. This is why hand sanitizer and antihistamines do so well. If the cold can be prevented or the symptoms reduced, the ailment is not serious enough for hospital involvement. Typically much damage is caused by avoiding hospital intervention.

• No, we don't

I highly doubt that anyone knows the symptoms of something like this. If a search on the Internet brought them to this conclusion, they should still seek medical help. I hope they would do so,but only if they knew there was something wrong. I think we all jump to conclusions on stuff like this and the net pushes it down our throats.

• No, the public doesn't know much about allergic rhinitis.

I do not think that the public knows the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and knows when to seek medical help for it rather than seeking over-the-counter self-treatment. I think more needs to be done to educated those who are afflicted with the ailment. I think by doing so, it would help a lot of people.