Do you believe the Girl Scouts organization should allow transgender students?

• Yes, I believe the Girl Scouts should accept all members.

The Girl Scouts since its inception has been an organization that supported girls and young women. A group that was at one time looked over and excluded. It would be ironic and counter productive for the Girl Scouts to exclude transgender students. Since being founded by Julliett Lowe, the organization has brought opportunity to many young minds.

• No, Girl Scouts shouldn't allow transgender students.

I think that since the Girl Scouts are a private organization, they should not have to be made to allow different lifestyle individuals in joining their clubs. If a person wants to choose to be a transgender, then that is their right. But the Girl Scouts do not have to welcome them.

• The Scouts Organization

I personally think that trans gender students should be allowed to join what I consider one of the best organizations in the world. In the Girl Scout Law the following words and phrases: fair, caring, and "make the world a better place" are used. Obviously, the leaders and/or executive officers of Girl Scouts were not living up to this. They have not made the world a better place; they have made the world a turmoiled and hateful place.

• Transgenders can join another organization.

Girl scouts are just that. Girls. Beyond that, the GSA is a private organization that can dictate who they allow to participate. Participation is, and always has been strictly limited to girls. There are other organizations such as pathfinders that offer a similar experience in a co-ed environment. These organizations that are naturally gender neutral anyhow would be a much better alternative.

• The Girl Scouts should be wise

The Girl Scouts should not allow transgender students. The vast majority of the girls and the parents would not want them in the girl scouts and I as a parent would not allow my girl in the scouts if there was a transgender in the group. Some things need to stay the same.