Do you believe the hiker who found a 2,000 year old coin deserves more than a certificate of appreciation from the Israeli government?

• Yes, I believe the hiker who found a 2,000 year old coin deserves more than a certificate of appreciation from the Isreali government.

Yes, I believe the hiker who found a 2,000 year old coin deserves more than a certificate of appreciation from the Isreali government because without the man's discovery the coin would have never been found. The coin is very valuable and historically important, hence the man deserves more compensation than what was given.

• Yes, the Israeli hiker deserves more than a certificate of appreciation.

I feel Israeli hiker, Laurie Rimon who discovered a rare gold coin is deserving of more than a simple certificate of appreciation for her find. I'm sure she had to do some deep deliberating before parting with it. It may not have taken any talent to find it but nevertheless, it is extremely valuable as there is only one other one like it in existence.

• Yes, the coin has global importance and the hiker should be rewarded for giving it to the government to be in their possession.

Yes, the hiker should get more than just a certificate because there are many things that could have been done with the coin. She did not have to give it to the Israeli government but chose to do so in order to let it be displayed for the world to see. A small monetary gift would be appropriate for finding something so valuable.

• Hiker who found 2,000 year old coin properly recognized

The hiker who found a 2,000 year old coin received the proper recognition from the Israeli government. They gave him a certificate of appreciation. Although an invaluable find, someone should not give over precious artifacts with the expectation of a monetary reward. He knows he did the right thing by turning it over.