Do you believe the lottery is good for society (yes) or bad for society (no)?

• It is good for people

Looking first at the amount of money spent on education and state funding, according to flalottery.Com, $29 billion dollars has gone to education since 1988. For example, this year $114 million dollars is going to education. Since 1987, $679,319,448.00 dollars has gone to education in Polk county, Fl. This example clearly shows that the funds from the purchase of tickets go to a good cause and help education thrive and improve their lives. From this, it can be concluded that overall, lottery tickets are a good idea.

• Yes, its fine

It gives the average person something to hope for. The people that take it to the next level are the ones to watch out for though. I don't think its okay for the people who can't control themselves. I doubt buying all your tickets really helps your odds in winning the money.

• Lottery makes you dream

One thing about the Lottery is that it is it's a good thing. One thing that is great about it, is the fact it can make you dream at least for a few minutes. Most of people know that we will never win anything but it is awesome to take a minute or two, to think what it would be like if we won. Also it does help schools, and that's always a good thing.

• It gives people hope

Even though 99.9 percent of people will never win the lottery. It gives the hope of, what if I did win the lotto? What would I do with the money? Where would I go? It gives people something to dream about and brightens their day for a minute. Sometimes that is all we need to make it through the day.

• You are 10 times more likely to get hit by lightning than to win the lottery. A dream is attainable and makes life better.

For most people life doesn't become better wishing for excessive amounts of money. It is one of those things that when you look at it individually it shouldn't be a big deal. The reality is that it is mostly funded by the poor and the desperate. There are some who play just for fun and can afford it, but not most which makes it a scheme that contributes to poverty while doing nothing to improve society.

• 1.3 Billion dollars?

Doubled the cost and decreased the odds. They hope to keep rolling over the money so the can make even more money investing the money it brings. Preys on the poor and desperate. Government is running a casino where the house always wins but they will also fine you for playing a neighborhood poker game for money.

• The quick brown

Fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

• No, I believe it's bad for society.

Personally, I believe that the lottery is bad for society. Playing the lottery is a form of gambling, and can be addictive. Another thing that has happened is that many people who have won have said it ruined their lives. Suddenly, people are asking them for money and they may feel guilted into giving it away. So whether people play or, for the few people who win, it's something that usually isn't beneficial.

• No the lottery is not good for society.

No I do not think that the lottery is not good for society. The problem with the lottery is that it is played by people who can least afford to lose money gambling. The lottery offers the dream of being rich with next to impossible odds, 1 in 175 million for the PowerBall Game.